What exactly happens in the PQEB and review stage?

I sent my application in on 9-15-16 for renewal and raise of grade. I got myself into some trouble a couple years ago and lost my drivers license. I talked to the coast guard and they gave me a list of things I needed to do to prove suitability. I completed everything on the list and sent my application in. It cleared security and suitability the first couple days the nmc received my application. I’m just wondering if anyone knows if the worst is behind me? My application has been in the “ready to be evaluated PQEB” stage for the last couple weeks. I know what the NMC site definition for the stages is but I was wondering if anyone knows exactly what they look at here and in the review stage. I know the application process is backed up right now. When I handed my application in the St. Louis regional center they said there was approximately 3,000 applications at the NMC so the process could take a couple months.

I believe that if you’re a the "ready to be evaluated status then all they will be looking at is actually sea service, training, etc. I also believe that the safety and suitability would have covered the items you speak of but I’m sure someone else has a better answer. PS I just got my paperwork back for an upgrade/evaluation for testing and it sat in the “ready to be evaluated” stage for 46 days. Good luck.

[QUOTE=ItsJody;191268]I believe that if you’re a the "ready to be evaluated status then all they will be looking at is actually sea service, training, etc. I also believe that the safety and suitability would have covered the items you speak of but I’m sure someone else has a better answer. PS I just got my paperwork back for an upgrade/evaluation for testing and it sat in the “ready to be evaluated” stage for 46 days. Good luck.[/QUOTE]

Ok, I appreciate the information. I heard that it’s taking up to 52 days in this stage. I’m just hoping that the worst is behind. Thanks for your help.

Ok, I appreciate the information. I’m hoping the worst is behind me. I shouldn’t have any issues with my professional qualifications. Thanks for your help.

[QUOTE=Yellowfintuna;191261]I sent my application in on 9-15-16 for renewal and raise of grade. I got myself into some trouble a couple years ago and lost my drivers license. I talked to the coast guard and they gave me a list of things I needed to do to prove suitability. I completed everything on the list and sent my application in. It cleared security and suitability the first couple days the nmc received my application. I’m just wondering if anyone knows if the worst is behind me? My application has been in the “ready to be evaluated PQEB” stage for the last couple weeks. I know what the NMC site definition for the stages is but I was wondering if anyone knows exactly what they look at here and in the review stage. I know the application process is backed up right now. When I handed my application in the St. Louis regional center they said there was approximately 3,000 applications at the NMC so the process could take a couple months.[/QUOTE]

Convictions, etc. are reviewed in “SSEB.” This is the first step. If there are no issues on safety and suitability, it is forwarded to the “Professional Qualifications Evaluation Branch” (PQEB). This is where they look at sea service, training, etc. An application doesn’t go to PQEB until it clears SSEB, so it would appear they are satisfied with the additional information you provided.

That’s what I was hoping for. Thanks alot. I appreciate everyone’s help.