What are some of your hobbies at home?

After homeschool is finished I spend the rest of my day with my 8 year old. We go and play outside, we build Legos and play video games. Those are my hobbies and I couldn’t think of better fella to share them with.

I surf and have a couple motorcycles but it looks like I will have to sell those shortly.

I build fast cars and play with guns.

I want to get into that, its usually flat enough to enjoy that lol.

I like to kayak fish when I can get out or do little honey dos when the wx is nice

I can’t seem to buy enough pocket knives.

I’m not much into football, but I pull for whatever team is playing LSU.

Family time! That involves: fishing, canoeing/kayaking (with the fishing gear), camping, bird watching, making maple syrup in the spring, upland and waterfowl hunting with the four-legged daughter, squirrel hunting with the two-legges son, fly tying and trout fishing with my bride, and cooking for everyone.

Yup, that’s about it.

[QUOTE=c.captain;99783]what? besides drinking and yelling at the computer?[/QUOTE]

I thought that you to that at work, too. Well, coffee, anyway. . .

[QUOTE=Tugs;99816]I used to enjoy Building Race Cars, Down Hill Skiing, Harleys and traveling on my time off. I used to jump in my Van and just drive until I was tired.

Now Retired after a major back injury and surgery. I still ride my Harley but now it has three wheels. I spend way too much time on this blasted computer but it helps keep me sane.

I also like my Football, Go Giants!!! Also follow NASCAR and try to go to one race a year. We are going to the Spring Race at Talladega this year.

We have a Fifth Wheel Toy Hauler that I hope to do some traveling in once the wife retires.[/QUOTE]

Oh, what kind of race cars do you build? You will see why I ask when I get to entering my hobby. . .

My biggest hobby is racing photography. I am afraid that it has become a bit of an obsession. My work has been published in several magazines and papers, including the now defunct weekly, National Speed Sport News (I had two pictures in their final issue). I primarily shoot dirt track racing, but also go up to Indy for the 500, and shoot at other area tracks while up there. Lately, I am spending less time at Georgetown and 16th Street and more time at joints like Kokomo, Terre Haute and Winchester. I also have a website, www.manvelmotorsports.com . Pretty much all of my time that I am not here in the office or out on a job somewhere, I am traveling, shooting, editing and uploading racing pictures. All of my vacation time goes to racing. I carry credentials for two touring series (I will find out if I get papers for a third traveling series this week), and am on the staff of one national magazine. I make two extended trips a year to Indiana, and in the past two years, have also made to short trips to California. Ours season down here is long, from February (I shot a two day show here in Houston this past weekend) until mid November. I could make a January trip up to Tulsa for the Chili Bowl, but I haven’t done that yet. Don’t want to get carried away and all with it. . .

Like SnG, I write, (well, pretend anyway) but not short stories. Instead, I start novels and then never finish them. Keeps the brain working, I guess. For some reason they all have a kind of nautical bent. Go figure.

Oh, and while not much of a football, baseball or basketball fan, I do try and make time for rugby, probably the main reason that I have DirecTV. They have lots of rugby available. Oddly enough, I don’t watch much auto racing on TV. Anytime I am in the UK for work, I try and squeeze a match in over there. Last year it was Wales v England at Twickenham. What a match and what a great venue. There are some perks to be had when working for a British company.

[QUOTE=Traitor Yankee;99770]Fast electric remote control boats, me and a few friends race

Paintball, I play mostly pump and stock class with a group of guys quite my senior.

Sea kayaking, still guide on occasion at home, fun trips only haha

Mountain biking.

That’s about it.[/QUOTE]

I know who you are now! I own a paintball field that I run with a partner. I also hard boot snowboard and some small rock climbing. I’m very active with my son in Boy Scouts too.

whitewater kayaking, whitewater SUP (or in my case, fall down paddleboard), snowboarding/skiing, hockey (there are leagues for old guys who suck). I used to rock and ice climb, ice climbing got too cold and rotator cuff injuries (too much kayaking) made climbing too uncomfortable.

[QUOTE=jdcavo;99870]whitewater kayaking, whitewater SUP (or in my case, fall down paddleboard), snowboarding/skiing, hockey (there are leagues for old guys who suck). I used to rock and ice climb, ice climbing got too cold and rotator cuff injuries (too much kayaking) made climbing too uncomfortable.[/QUOTE]

Getting old sucks, I can relate to your shoulder. Mine was messed up jumping on skis when I was 15 and it still is not great. Went skiing the other day with the wife and it it was fun.

fishing, sailing, duck hunting. turkey hunting

[QUOTE=cmakin;99865]Oh, what kind of race cars do you build? You will see why I ask when I get to entering my hobby. . .[/QUOTE]

Back in the day, I built a couple of Hemi’s a bunch of Big Block Chevys and a couple of Fords. All of these cars were street and built for Drag Racing. I never worried about the bodies very much but made sure that everything else was rebuilt. I did all my own suspension and rear end work also. I really enjoyed taking a car that did not run or drive and turn it into a Drag Racing Monster.

I had a 65 Mustang 289 Convertible that I owned for 17 years. In the time I rebuilt the Engine and Trans twice. The body had gone through a total restoration but it was due for another one when I sold it as it was my daily driver.

Out of all the cars that I owned I miss this one the most. Now with what Hemi’s are going for there are a couple of those that I wish I still had.

[QUOTE=Too bad steam is gone;99878]Getting old sucks, I can relate to your shoulder. Mine was messed up jumping on skis when I was 15 and it still is not great. Went skiing the other day with the wife and it it was fun.[/QUOTE]

I can still execute a great snowplow. :smiley:

[QUOTE=rshrew;99830]My Harley and brewing beer, and visiting as many micro breweries around the states wherever I go.[/QUOTE]

Well, Well Well ~ [ATTACH]2974[/ATTACH]

Didn’t want to overload my reply to the question so I left out some goodies. I gotta batch fermenting in my root cellar waiting for the correct specific gravity. I do both ales and lagers. It’s fun, even designed my own bottle decals. Yea, I’m strange. I have a relationship with my Harley also. :smiley:
Look, it’s Winter in the Bitterroots.

I ride my bikes. motorcycle most of the time and bicycle for exercise. And then I go into the shop and make sawdust, cleverly disguised as furniture. Along with a few smaller items like jewelry boxes and the like. I also create a few metal filings and join bits of steel. Sometimes I go sailing but my boat is now looking a bit sad and is going up for sale.

I spend most of my time in the yard with my grand daughter, we grow tropical plants, Bananas, Bamboo, Giant Elephant Ears, etc. I love the morning coffee or pina colada in the evenings and sitting in the yard in the summer and listening to the wind chimes. Probably doesn’t sound like much of a life but that’s what I look forward to.

[QUOTE=Too bad steam is gone;99878]Getting old sucks, I can relate to your shoulder. Mine was messed up jumping on skis when I was 15 and it still is not great. Went skiing the other day with the wife and it it was fun.[/QUOTE]

Mine are definitely the symptom of age, both rotator cuffs have impingement from years of paddling, the shoulder wasn’t designed for repetitve motions with the arm above the shoulder. I’ve been lucky to hanve never had a “traumatic” shoulder injury like a dislocation or cuff tear.

[ATTACH]2975[/ATTACH]

[QUOTE=hydroid;99918]I spend most of my time in the yard with my grand daughter, we grow tropical plants, Bananas, Bamboo, Giant Elephant Ears, etc. I love the morning coffee or pina colada in the evenings and sitting in the yard in the summer and listening to the wind chimes. Probably doesn’t sound like much of a life but that’s what I look forward to.[/QUOTE]

Sounds PERFECT to me, Captain.