Wage confusion

I am working on some new DP towing vessels here in the gulf and these rates seem a little low compared to the other companies I hear about. Another thing thats kinda odd is the rates are decreased when not underway. DP non DP…There are are so many wage combinations it will make your head spin.

Master
500 - dock non DP
620 - sea no DP
546 - dock DP1
682 - sea DP1
606 - dock DP2
758- sea DP2

DP1 & DP2 being limited and unlimited…

Chief Mate
387 - dock non DP
474 - sea non DP
429 - dock DP1
536 - sea DP1
489 - dock DP2
611 - sea DP2

2nd Mate
329 - dock non DP
403 - sea non DP
372 - dock DP1
465 - sea DP1
432 - dock DP2
540 - sea DP2

3rd Mate
296 - dock non DP
362 - sea non DP
340- dock DP1
425 - sea DP1
400 - dock DP2
500 - sea DP2

Chief Engineers
438 - dock
559 - sea

1st Assistant Engineer
386 - dock
473 - sea

2nd Assistant Engineer
368 - dock
378 - sea

Able bodied seaman
271 - dock
278- sea

OS cook
253 - dock’
261 - sea

OS
218 - dock
224 - sea

AB Cook
281 - dock
289 - sea

:boom::bomb:ka-boom​:bomb::boom:

How common are non-DP wheel house jobs in the gulf? I am surprised to see every deck officer rating has a “no DP” option. I always thought you absolutely had to have DP to get off the deck and climb the ladder, but then I don’t really know enough about how things work down there.

I know we need to give our Companyman a log of when support vessels are inside 500m on DP vs not on DP. Understand from him this has to do with the contract for these vessels, and the crews told me they get paid a higher wage when on DP. This was outside of the Gulf, but not surprised to see it make it’s way here.

New DP tug and a company with that many bean counters…Crowley?

[QUOTE=REDFLAG;99648]I am working on some new DP towing vessels here in the gulf and these rates seem a little low compared to the other companies I hear about. Another thing thats kinda odd is the rates are decreased when not underway. DP non DP…There are are so many wage combinations it will make your head spin.

Master
500 - dock non DP
620 - sea no DP
546 - dock DP1
682 - sea DP1
606 - dock DP2
758- sea DP2

DP1 & DP2 being limited and unlimited…

Chief Mate
387 - dock non DP
474 - sea non DP
429 - dock DP1
536 - sea DP1
489 - dock DP2
611 - sea DP2

2nd Mate
329 - dock non DP
403 - sea non DP
372 - dock DP1
465 - sea DP1
432 - dock DP2
540 - sea DP2

3rd Mate
296 - dock non DP
362 - sea non DP
340- dock DP1
425 - sea DP1
400 - dock DP2
500 - sea DP2

Chief Engineers
438 - dock
559 - sea

1st Assistant Engineer
386 - dock
473 - sea

2nd Assistant Engineer
368 - dock
378 - sea

Able bodied seaman
271 - dock
278- sea

OS cook
253 - dock’
261 - sea

OS
218 - dock
224 - sea

AB Cook
281 - dock
289 - sea[/QUOTE]

This reminds me of the old 333 pay scale.

We had Harbor pay, Mud Pay, Scow Pay, Sound Pay and Coast Pay. There were days where our pay rate changed several times a day. We were paid the highest rate for the for work we did on any given day.

We had some Deckhands that could not read and write very well but they could figure their pay out to the Nickle!!!

[QUOTE=“The Commodore;99716”]I know we need to give our Companyman a log of when support vessels are inside 500m on DP vs not on DP. Understand from him this has to do with the contract for these vessels, and the crews told me they get paid a higher wage when on DP. This was outside of the Gulf, but not surprised to see it make it’s way here.[/QUOTE]

The OIM is not only responsible for the installation, but also a 500 meter radius from the installation. Some company policies require that a vessel be dp capable to even come alongside. I have never heard of contacting a company man about a vessel actually being on dp or not, but I would not put it past them.

Those are the best! Especially with overtime on a holiday.

I ain’t never heard of any OSV company coming up with a convoluted pay scheme like this. Where in the hell did you find this garbage? I don’t know anyone that would work for a pay scheme like this. Every OSV company I know if pays you for having DP limited or unlimited. There is a lower day rate for some while you’re a DP trainee getting your book signed off. I’ve never heard of being paid different rates for on or off DP time and dock time. What company is doing this nonsense?

Has to be Crowley, and to think at one time I had been interested on getting on those ocean class boats if I ever left where I am now. I think I’ll pass with that level of bullshit.

Can you imagine the amount of bureaucracy and paperwork that company must have for everything else?

That’s all I can think of, if the day rates are that complicated, what are the fucking JSA’s like?

Yeah, I think my short taste of this is coming to an end. I can see who gets the bargain in collective bargaining here. Not to mention the other dung thats on top of this issue. Only the beginning and I have seen enough…Chateau it is !!

[QUOTE=Traitor Yankee;99747]Has to be Crowley, and to think at one time I had been interested on getting on those ocean class boats if I ever left where I am now. I think I’ll pass with that level of bullshit.[/QUOTE]
The level of bullshit is so thick you wouldnt believe it

[QUOTE=Traitor Yankee;99747]Has to be Crowley, and to think at one time I had been interested on getting on those ocean class boats if I ever left where I am now. I think I’ll pass with that level of bullshit.[/QUOTE]

-NO SCHEDULE (but they will tell you there is one upon hiring for those boats)
-Pay scale dependent on whether you are DP certified or not (limited or unlimited)
-DOCK PAY ( Everytime the boat ties up you as an employee gets pays knocked down to the scale mentioned before, though they forgot to mention that to a few of the new hires)
-Paychecks are constantly screwed up- (shit I would screw them up too if there was million different rates of pay)
-Internet (what internet, still stuck in the ice ages)
-Employee moral is the lowest of the low, people are angry.

And there are some other issues I wont mention that are much more serious

A major change needs to be implemented, or they are not gonna have anyone to run there boats soon.

you forget that you don’t pay a nickel towards insurance or retirement. Crowley foots the full bill

As long as its not SIU that’s probably great.

What happens to that retirement money if the mariner quits the company and union after a few years and goes to work for a private company?

[QUOTE=Seapistol;99997]What happens to that retirement money if the mariner quits the company and union after a few years and goes to work for a private company?[/QUOTE]

It then get’s transfered to Michael Sacco’s left pinky platinum ring fund!

This must be where Abdon Callais got their fluctuating day rate scheme from.