Ventures vs Shadows

Which version of Apache do you like better, me I lean Ventures but do like the shadows as well.

I have no idea what you are referring to but I am wondering if somebody has too much time for gaming aboard?

For me the question is Craigslist vs. eBay for my classic car hunting…

Surf music, which cover of Apache do you prefer. I also use Craigslist over eBay its more of a gamble that you won’t get robbed when you show up at a strangers house with a pocket full of cash, but worth it to get that great deal on a 69 Mercury Cougar 390, 4 on the floor drop top.

The Ventures for sure.

[QUOTE=capbubba;105599]Which version of Apache do you like better, me I lean Ventures but do like the shadows as well.[/QUOTE]

The Ventures, along with Walk, Don’t Run

Love walk don’t run and they do a mean House of the rising sun…

[QUOTE=capbubba;105599]Which version of Apache do you like better, me I lean Ventures but do like the shadows as well.[/QUOTE]

Ventures = the real thing. Shawdows = nice try… Although I would like to hear the original from the Brit who played it.

listening to it on youtube let you know how the Ventures did a cover of the original. The Shawdows did their own version which wasn’t as good.

Yeah I like the E string scratch that Nokie does in the Ventures cover.

[QUOTE=capbubba;105622]Surf music, which cover of Apache do you prefer. I also use Craigslist over eBay its more of a gamble that you won’t get robbed when you show up at a strangers house with a pocket full of cash, but worth it to get that great deal on a 69 Mercury Cougar 390, 4 on the floor drop top.[/QUOTE]

Surf Music ??? How about Dick Dale & the Del Tones

Now we are talking SURF music, and don’t forget the Chantays or Link Wray & his ray men!!!

Another little known group that I like are The Mundahs

[QUOTE=capbubba;105814]Now we are talking SURF music, and don’t forget the Chantays or Link Wray & his ray men!!![/QUOTE]

Dick Dale: The King Of Surf Music

[QUOTE=cappy208;105772]Ventures = the real thing. Shawdows = nice try… Although I would like to hear the original from the Brit who played it.

listening to it on youtube let you know how the Ventures did a cover of the original. The Shawdows did their own version which wasn’t as good.[/QUOTE]

Here you go Cappy208 http://uk.youtube.com/watch?

[QUOTE=cappy208;105772]Ventures = the real thing. Shawdows = nice try… Although I would like to hear the original from the Brit who played it.

listening to it on youtube let you know how the Ventures did a cover of the original. The Shawdows did their own version which wasn’t as good.[/QUOTE]

Havtng trouble cappy208 try this one http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=RB91ayD

Hank Marvin, Solo on a stage big arena in London

Seen that one, he does a good job, I just like the Ventures cover better. The original has the E-string scratch in it, which I like.