Valid drivers license and job applications?

[QUOTE=Hamilton;138900]Some info I found that may be useful to someone else.The interlock office’s around the gulf seam to be far more understand of people having to be away for a month at a time. Thy will work with you to help you get through this process. Florida is breaking my eggs. I may just come down this fall and Taxi cab around and see if I can get lucky. Or just work land based and do what Florida wants for two years and see if there will still be opening offshore for a 48 year old cook in two years.[/QUOTE]

I know FL can be a bitch, but there are a few ways to try and work it out.

Try and get a land based job and transfer your probation/? to Louisiana where they understand the shift work better, then transition to offshore.

Talk to whomever you report to and tell them that this is problematic in your job search. I know they don’t give a shit and will just want you to flip burgers, but maybe you catch them at the right time with your sincerity.

If you find work (you will) then go in and speak with your PO and explain when you will be coming in from your hitch. Their concerns are supposed to be for your best interest and work is at the top of that list. There are a lot of laws protecting your right to work!

Do some research on the law, not just what forum folks say (more than half is just speculation). There are a lot of cases where work will allow you to be compliant but not restrained. What you find out can be addressed in a letter to your judge by you explaining your situation, you never know, all they can do is say no, again.
I went this route about 8 months ago when my ex had me set to show up for a trial, and I found out that since I was unemployed and had a job offer if I wrote to the judge the law protects my right to work. I told this to the ex’s attorny first but when she was adamant I went to the Judge and was successful and flew overseas and haven’t been back until tom.

Keep it up you’re on the right track ~ best of luck to you.

Hi I’m an Able Body seamen interested in working on an offshore rig is it possible for me to work on one? I have all my certs to do so …if you know of any openings??