USMMA Does Gangnam Style Parody

I have considered myself fortunate to be born with good genes. I get tested yearly and the doctor says I’m the perfect man.

What is wrong in this picture?

Wiley Hall by cmakin, on Flickr

[QUOTE=cmakin;85903]What is wrong in this picture?[/QUOTE]

Some naughtiness going on I presume.

[QUOTE=DPjohn;85867]O hell, I could have told you that. I’m just trying to lay it out logically. I’m not arguing with you cap, just trying to lay out some thought. What needs to happen is the SSOP thing needs to disappear! [B]This is a huge validation for the regiment[/B], and it should be if they are going to commission as Naval Officers. It should be very similar to Annapolis if this program exist, as all SSOP programs on the state side are just like NROTC. We can’t have the tinpot regiment disappear and still give out sea chickens right? I don’t think Bull Halsey would approve. Am I wrong?

But if we are going to argue about a freaking band and a 40 year instructor then I give up. A video of some MIDN goofing off is something I would have expected you to approve, I guess they just need a Bluto Blutarsky.

The academy is stuck in its [U]past[/U] and the present has changed. THE ACADEMY SHOULD FOLLOW SUIT. GLMA is a prime example of a great academy without the tinpots.[/QUOTE]

As my dancing with the “UniBlab led KP cheerleader all stars” has always proved, the SSOP/MMR program is a fallicy of uselessness. There is NO true mechanism to take a naval reservist and place him under orders onto a RRF or other government owned merchant ship provided those ships are manned and operated by civilian mariners and companies. In order for the program to have any validity, the ships themselves would have to become Naval Reserve units commanded by a USNR officer to be mobilized like any other reserve asset in wartime BUT that has never ever been the case with our merchant fleet in ANY war the US has ever fought.

History has born out that the US merchant mariner WILL ALWAYS step up to the plate and “deliver the goods” to the fighting front wherever that my be. Our system of a civilian manned and operated merchant fleet has worked, continues to work today and will continue to work into the future with men and women who are VOLUNTEERS!

[QUOTE=DPjohn;85876]I have considered myself fortunate to be born with good genes. I get tested yearly and the doctor says I’m the perfect man.[/QUOTE]

Have you tried a Lady Doctor?

[QUOTE=Sweat-n-Grease;85912]Some naughtiness going on I presume.[/QUOTE]

Notice that the gun is pointing toward Wiley Hall. . .

[QUOTE=cmakin;85929]Notice that the gun is pointing toward Wiley Hall. . .[/QUOTE]

Of course I noticed - The balls were missing. In my day we never lost those balls. We had a secret hiding place. HO Travis went bull shit trying to find them. I suppose no one on this forum ever heard of good old Captain H.O. Travis, USMS. He was the big dog during my days.

[QUOTE=cmakin;85929]Notice that the gun is pointing toward Wiley Hall. . .[/QUOTE]

They got themselves a similar lawn ornament at Maine Mairtime in front of Leavitt Hall, but it’s oriented a bit differently. I wanted to post a pic, but my exhaustive 10-second search on Google did not turn up any.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with this picture.

[QUOTE=KPEngineer;85975]I see absolutely nothing wrong with this picture.[/QUOTE]

Good one KPEng…

I must admit that 5"/38 is the best thing there in the compound. One of the few items that actually keeps a tenuous mooring line made fast to the school’s past. Pity it doesn’t get to be fired with at least a saluting charge every now and again!

[QUOTE=KPEngineer;85975]I see absolutely nothing wrong with this picture.[/QUOTE]

Good one KPEng…

I must admit that 4"/50 is the best thing there in the compound. One of the few items that actually keeps a tenuous mooring line made fast to the school’s past. Pity it doesn’t get to be fired with at least a saluting charge every now and again!

A fine piece of vintage naval ordinance although already obsolete before WWII started.

It still was the same cannon aboard the SS STEPHEN HOPKINS which Cadet Edwin O’Hara pumped all those shells into the STIER that September morning in the South Atlantic 70 years ago!

The opposed piston engine down in the museum annex is pretty cool too.

[QUOTE=KPEngineer;85991]The opposed piston engine down in the museum annex is pretty cool too.[/QUOTE]

A Fairbanks Morse OP?

Even better.

OP steam engine from the Emery Rice. Built in the 70s … The 1870s

Even better.

OP steam engine from the Emery Rice. Built in the 70s … The 1870s .

That’s a relief…for a minute I was worried that someone there actually was thinking some piece of noisy, dirty, smoky, leaky, scrap iron was worthy of being in their museum. Do they have any old timey diesels in it?

Only if you count the pieces of noisy, dirty, smoky, leaky, scrap professors.

[QUOTE=KPEngineer;86055]Only if you count the pieces of noisy, dirty, smoky, leaky, scrap professors.[/QUOTE]

Another good return…well played sir!

Sometimes it’s just too easy.

I’ll be here till Thursday, try the veal.

[QUOTE=KPEngineer;86097]Sometimes it’s just too easy. [/QUOTE]

Indeed sir…most very true indeed!

[QUOTE=KPEngineer;86097]Sometimes it’s just too easy.

I’ll be here till Thursday, try the veal.[/QUOTE]

We can stay up late, swapping manly stories, and in the morning, I’m making waffles!