Hi everyone

Hey I don’t know if this is the right section but. One of my friends uncles is a merchant marine and i hear he makes a ton of money, and hardly ever works. That’s what I wanna do. Can you all tell me how to get to the USCG home port website. And if any one wants to tell me which company will hire me ill appreciate it. Also I totally used the search function, I swear! But I realized that a pointy stick wont fit through the internet’s tubes so I think I’m safe.

The more time I spend on this site the more I understand the pointy stick.

I just wanted to make sure we had one of these in every section. Yes I too have come to appreciate the effectiveness of the stick.

[QUOTE=“LI_Domer;97990”]Hey I don’t know if this is the right section but. One of my friends uncles is a merchant marine and i hear he makes a ton of money, and hardly ever works. That’s what I wanna do. Can you all tell me how to get to the USCG home port website. And if any one wants to tell me which company will hire me ill appreciate it. Also I totally used the search function, I swear! But I realized that a pointy stick wont fit through the internet’s tubes so I think I’m safe.[/QUOTE]

Dammit! Shhhhhh. Don’t let the secret out or every swinging Dick ( or Tits) will flock here for the easy pickin’s!

Slim pickens…and the pickens ain’t slim

All that money, is it in short tons or long tons? I guess if the uncle gets paid in nickels it’s possible.

[QUOTE=LI_Domer;97990]Hey I don’t know if this is the right section but. One of my friends uncles is a merchant marine and i hear he makes a ton of money, and hardly ever works. That’s what I wanna do. Can you all tell me how to get to the USCG home port website. And if any one wants to tell me which company will hire me ill appreciate it. Also I totally used the search function, I swear! But I realized that a pointy stick wont fit through the internet’s tubes so I think I’m safe.[/QUOTE]

I assume it happens on other forums as well but can you imagine popping onto a firefighters, logger or aircraft pilot forums and putting up this kind of post? Going to the area with technical discussion about the trade and saying" hey, how do I get a job?"

“I’ve heard that commercial airline pilots flying those four engine jets make good money, can some one please tell me the address where I should send my application?”

It does seem ignorant.

K.C.

You don’t think he’s pulling our legs, do you?

[QUOTE=Kennebec Captain;98022]“I’ve heard that commercial airline pilots flying those four engine jets make good money, can some one please tell me the address where I should send my application?”[/QUOTE]

You may want to solo in a Cessna 150 first but I hear simulator time counts. :smiley:

In case any one is interested, I gotta book “Flying for Dummies” ~

[QUOTE=Sweat-n-Grease;98030]You may want to solo in a Cessna 150 first but I hear simulator time counts. :D[/QUOTE]

can use my time sniffing glue? got lots of flying time there!

[QUOTE=LI_Domer;97990]But I realized that a pointy stick wont fit through the internet’s tubes so I think I’m safe.[/QUOTE]

HA! That’s were your WRONG! Using electronic replication technologies, one can thrust a point stick deep into a rube’s brain through both fiber optic and satellite transmission modal paths!

[QUOTE=c.captain;98045]can use my time sniffing glue? got lots of flying time there![/QUOTE]

I don’t see why not. Since their beer was taken away I understand some Air Line pilots carry a tube or two.

[QUOTE=Sweat-n-Grease;98030]You may want to solo in a Cessna 150 first but I hear simulator time counts. :D[/QUOTE]

Real pilots fly tail draggers. :smiley:

[QUOTE=water;98056]Real pilots fly tail draggers. :D[/QUOTE]

nautical pilots fly seaplanes!

[I][/I][QUOTE=Sweat-n-Grease;98049]I don’t see why not. Since their beer was taken away I understand some Air Line pilots carry a tube or two.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=water;98056]Real pilots fly tail draggers. :D[/QUOTE]

Oh we do we do ~
Ever ground loop one?
I did and after a nice landing, when I got to the tarmac one joker asked [I]what was that little trick you pulled after you landed[/I]?
[I]Oh, I was doing wheelies, I’m a bit of a ham you see[/I], was my reply.

Say, what type of tail draggers are ye chatting 'bout, water?

[QUOTE=jdcavo;98060][I][/I]

[/QUOTE]

~ and the shit hit the fan ~

[QUOTE=c.captain;98057]nautical pilots fly seaplanes![/QUOTE]

Yes, and I understand they navigate by nautical charts too.
Gets very confusing for them ~

[QUOTE=Sweat-n-Grease;98064]Yes, and I understand they navigate by nautical charts too.
Gets very confusing for them ~[/QUOTE]

of course there are also Wing in Ground craft

//youtu.be/VjyY3EFzXJI

gotta love them Russkies with their stoopid fuel guzzling monstrosities…no wonder they lost the Cold War