USMMA Does Gangnam Style Parody

[QUOTE=Sweat-n-Grease;85663]I fuck’en loved it!
Laughed my old geezer’s gut just thinking what c.captain will post. “Oh, the humanity”
[/QUOTE]

Ha! This was my first thought as well. I figured he was just simmering in his chair after watching it.
Good video though! Good to see these kids having fun.

[QUOTE=deepdraft;85688] Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn’t have fucked with? That ‘somebody’ is probably c.captain.
(or maybe even Sweat-n-Grease)[/QUOTE]

Naaa - I’m a [ATTACH]2603[/ATTACH]

doesn’t work on cell phones

[QUOTE=JPetru82;85737]doesn’t work on cell phones[/QUOTE]

consider yourself fortunate then!

Looks like a little song and dance gets the guys on gC going good.

[QUOTE=deepdraft;85688] Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn’t have fucked with? That ‘somebody’ is probably c.captain.
(or maybe even Sweat-n-Grease)[/QUOTE]

OH MAN! An M1 Garand pointy stick…JUST AWESOME!

Ol’ Clint really knows what it’s all about!

I know! We should start a new religion to Dirty Harry Callahan just like they did with Jeff “the Dude” Lebowski! Our Lady of the Overly Large Handheld Cannon!

[QUOTE=gatorzeroone;85740]Looks like a little song and dance gets the guys on gC going good.[/QUOTE]

OH MAN! The KP Marching Band is a perpetual favorite here. Captain Kenneth R. Force, USMS is our HERO!

//youtu.be/ArMntMX65Ds

OH CAPTAIN MY CAPTAIN, your entire LIFE has been dedicated to the sole mission of the KP band and what a wonderful purpose it has been too! Don’t let those nasty scallywags on that gCaptain site tell you otherwise SIR…we love YOU and your soul stirring music! A man like you can stand toe to toe with other great bandleaders like Professor Harold Hill and Spike Jones as well. You’ll be enshrined in the Doctor Demento Hall of Fame even! GOD BLESS YOU GREAT MAN YOU!

Orders for the USMMA Marching Band’s lastest CD can be purchased directly from the KP Music Director. Call now for delivery before Christmas, there’s only a few hundred thousand in the warehouse so order soon!

This must be more of C.captains band style.

//youtu.be/L1FnHcMDBlU

C.captain, what the heck is your point? Does not almost every university in the country have a band?

[QUOTE=c.captain;85741]OH MAN! An M1 Garand pointy stick…JUST AWESOME!

Ol’ Clint really knows what it’s all about!

I know! We should start a new religion to Dirty Harry Callahan just like they did with Jeff “the Dude” Lebowski! Our Lady of the Overly Large Handheld Cannon![/QUOTE]

No “M1 thumb” with that piece of hardware for sure…:cool:

This thread is making me question everything c.captain has ever said about KP. How are you not at least a bit amused by this and how does this video represent everything that you think is wrong with the school?

C.captain, what the heck is your point? Does not almost every university in the country have a band?

Who said I need a point other than at the end of my stick?

The whole KOP Band thing for me is that it has become the poster child for how KP has simply lost its way as a true maritime training school and is so completely wrapped up in the ridiculous regiment and the ceremony of having some stoopid band to march to. There is almost nothing on the web about KP that isn’t Band related in some way and I lay that right at the feet of our esteem Capt. Force who literally has controlled that band there as his personal feifdom since 1971! He alone ensures that the Band is what the world sees when it sees KP and that is wrong. but then anything else it would see would also be wrong as well since that Academy has truly ceased to serve its mission and is no longer relevant to the US Merchant Marine and greater maritime industry in 2012. Yes, they teach maritime courses and have simulators but it ain’t no maritime school anymore!

double quote reply here

This thread is making me question everything c.captain has ever said about KP. How are you not at least a bit amused by this and how does this video represent everything that you think is wrong with the school? .

&

C.captain, what the heck is your point? Does not almost every university in the country have a band? .

Who said I need a point other than at the end of my stick?

The whole Band thing for me is that it has become the poster child for how KP has simply lost its way as a true maritime training school and is so completely wrapped up in the ridiculous regiment and the ceremony of having some stoopid band to march to. There is almost nothing on the web about KP that isn’t Band related in some way and I lay that right at the feet of our most esteemed Capt. Force who literally has controlled that band there as his personal feifdom since 1971! He alone ensures that the Band is what the world sees when it sees KP and that is wrong. but then anything else the world can see in the compount there is also be wrong as well since that academy has truly ceased to serve its mission and is no longer relevant to the US Merchant Marine and greater maritime industry in 2012. Yes, they teach maritime courses and have simulators but it ain’t no maritime school anymore! What it is though is EXTREMELY expensive to maintain!

Now, the video antics are just indicative of how low the young have fallen to think that they are somehow being witty and edgy parodying what is cultural vomit. All they have managed to produce is just more and worse vomit in the process. That these buckets of barf are coming from within the walls of our taxpayer funded military service academies is further insult and outrage to me and everyone else who expects these young men and women to be held to a higher standard of behavior. Grabbing one’s crotch in a uniform bearing the insignia U.S. on it should be a punishable offense to the perp! Did the administrations of these schools sanction and encourage these displays? It certainly appears so and what does that simple statement make? These schools are jokes!

Where are you today Bill Halsey? He wouldn’t tolerate any of this for one minute…I can tell you that!

Now there was a man who knew how to wield a “pointed stick”!

Now hold on there, I’m not trying to be brash, but are you not contradicting yourself? SO now you need Bill Halsey to come in there and crack a whip? I thought this was against your logic.

Also, the school has been wrapped around its regiment since its beginning. Not saying its a good thing.

There is almost nothing on the web about KP that isn’t Band related in some way and I lay that right at the feet of our most esteemed Capt. Force who literally has controlled that band there as his personal feifdom since 1971! He alone ensures that the Band is what the world sees when it sees KP and that is wrong. but then anything else the world can see in the compount there is also be wrong as well since that academy has truly ceased to serve its mission and is no longer relevant to the US Merchant Marine and greater maritime industry in 2012.

So the big deal is that some capt has been controlling the band for forty years and the band is the first thing everyone sees when they look them up on the web? I googled USMMA and Kingspoint, looked on pictures and webpage, and did not see any band pictures or any reference to their band. I went to kingspoint webpage and had to dig just to find anything on their band. Big deal.

Boy, hadd no idea I opened a can of worms. Gee wizz

Now hold on there, I’m not trying to be brash, but are you not contradicting yourself? SO now you need Bill Halsey to come in there and crack a whip? I thought this was against your logic.

Also, the school has been wrapped around its regiment since its beginning. Not saying its a good thing. .

Let me make this as abundantly clear as I can for you DP

“HAVING A TINPOT REGIMENT DOES NOT NECESSARILY MEAN DISCIPLINE NOR DOES HAVING DISCIPLINE NECESSARILY MEAN NEEDING A TINPOT REGIMENT”

clear enough for ya?

[QUOTE=c.captain;85863]Let me make this as abundantly clear as I can for you DP

“HAVING A TINPOT REGIMENT DOES NOT NECESSARILY MEAN DISCIPLINE NOR DOES HAVING DISCIPLINE NECESSARILY MEAN NEEDING A TINPOT REGIMENT”

clear enough for ya?[/QUOTE]

O hell, I could have told you that. I’m just trying to lay it out logically. I’m not arguing with you cap, just trying to lay out some thought. What needs to happen is the SSOP thing needs to disappear! [B]This is a huge validation for the regiment[/B], and it should be if they are going to commission as Naval Officers. It should be very similar to Annapolis if this program exist, as all SSOP programs on the state side are just like NROTC. We can’t have the tinpot regiment disappear and still give out sea chickens right? I don’t think Bull Halsey would approve. Am I wrong?

But if we are going to argue about a freaking band and a 40 year instructor then I give up. A video of some MIDN goofing off is something I would have expected you to approve, I guess they just need a Bluto Blutarsky.

The academy is stuck in its [U]past[/U] and the present has changed. THE ACADEMY SHOULD FOLLOW SUIT. GLMA is a prime example of a great academy without the tinpots.

[QUOTE=c.captain;85863]Let me make this as abundantly clear as I can for you DP

clear enough for ya?[/QUOTE]

Self discipline is the result of good potty training coupled with healthy dna. Prancing about like tin soldiers appeals to a certain mind set best exemplified in the movie “Animal House.” If a young person has a desire to fight I suggest boot camp, and I really think the US Marines do it best. Have at it and see what you are made of. Until then do not ever believe the regimental system is necessary at Kings Point, the sea life has its own unique discipline and it doesn’t prance about in white gloves.

“Dress that line”

I personally believe self discipline is self taught. I taught myself to be disciplined enough to hold down more than my fair share of Irish car bombs. Peer motivation helps, but ultimately it is up to the [U] individual[/U] to better themselves, like I did.

[QUOTE=DPjohn;85871]I personally believe self discipline is self taught. I taught myself to be disciplined enough to hold down more than my fair share of Irish car bombs. Peer motivation helps, but ultimately it is up to the [U] individual[/U] to better themselves, like I did.[/QUOTE]

Yes, DP, but where does the grit you polished come from? Could it be some old Celtic Warrior hidden in your dna? I understand it is up to the individual but it helps to have the right tools.