Use it or lose it? NC or Oceans endorsment

During our last company crew meeting there was a rumor going around that the USCG is stripping the NC or Oceans endorsement if you dont have recency on those bodies of water. Ive always held a NC endorsement, however the last 4 years Ive worked inside(shipdocking). In my offtime I run fishing charters in my personal (documented)boat. I dont know if it was just a scare tactic to get some new blood on the towboats or not, but it definatley has my attention. Ive tested for NC, and I may have to go back offshore eventually for my primary employment. I just renewed last December, so Ive got time to wok with.

Is the CG actually going to start taking endorsements away if they arent used?

Will I be legally be able to use my time accumulated on my own vessel?

Just document your time on your fishing boat in the ocean & you will be fine.

[QUOTE=Clear Solution;53218]During our last company crew meeting there was a rumor going around that the USCG is stripping the NC or Oceans endorsement if you dont have recency on those bodies of water. Ive always held a NC endorsement, however the last 4 years Ive worked inside(shipdocking). In my offtime I run fishing charters in my personal (documented)boat. I dont know if it was just a scare tactic to get some new blood on the towboats or not, but it definatley has my attention. Ive tested for NC, and I may have to go back offshore eventually for my primary employment. I just renewed last December, so Ive got time to wok with.

Is the CG actually going to start taking endorsements away if they arent used?

Will I be legally be able to use my time accumulated on my own vessel?[/QUOTE]

You can renewe any license for any route without any sea time. If you do not have recent sea time you have to complete an at-holme open book test.

Funny how that rumor pops up every three or four years.

I got the time…scheduled 240 a year at work, and another 65 plus on my little boat… just making sure I wasnt gonna get thrown for a loop when I go to renew.