USCG Maneuvering Data - Form(s) and Procedures

Hi all,

My company is now building a series of 34,000 DWT Bulk Carriers and about to deliver the first vessel to the shipowner.

We are required to prepare and deliver a license/certificate called “USCG Maneuvering Data” along with the vessel. However, we don’t have experience on this issue and are now quite confused about its form(s), its procedure, etc.

Could anyone please help me on this?

Thank you a lot in advance.

That’s scary.

Yikes…

[QUOTE=vnmarser;17075]Hi all,

My company is now building a series of 34,000 DWT Bulk Carriers and about to deliver the first vessel to the shipowner.

We are required to prepare and deliver a license/certificate called “USCG Maneuvering Data” along with the vessel. However, we don’t have experience on this issue and are now quite confused about its form(s), its procedure, etc.

Could anyone please help me on this?

Thank you a lot in advance.[/QUOTE]

Ask the USCG inspector on the ship. FYI, “USCG Maneuvering Data” means it’s done with the inspector on the vessel watching. We usually use the ECDIS to help with gathering the data - Full Speed Turn, 1/2 Speed Turn, Crash Stop, etc…
All Vessels over 3,000 itc must have that data posted along with a pilot card.

Why is a ship built in Viet Nam required to have USCG data anyway? Is it going to be flagged in the USA? So much for the Jones Act, but then MSC charters are often foreign ships reflagged USA.

[QUOTE=vnmarser;17075]Hi all,

My company is now building a series of 34,000 DWT Bulk Carriers…

…we don’t have experience on this issue and are now quite confused…[/QUOTE]

Zowie. Really? No, I’m serious. Really? Wow. Well, thank god for gCaptain.

Look to 46 CFR 97-19.1

Thank you all for your advices

Hi ozobozob,
Could you please send me the a.m 46 CFR 97-19.1? Thanks.

[quote=vnmarser;20054]Thank you all for your advices

Hi ozobozob,
Could you please send me the a.m 46 CFR 97-19.1? Thanks.[/quote]

You can get it on line.

Is this for real? Why don’t you check out YOUR links to Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering?:confused: