I took an oupv then an upgrade to 100t masters. My oupv timed out bc the coast guard ignored my change of contact info. They approved my 100t but won’t give it to me unless I retake the oupv. Is there anything I can do to make them make it right ?
An individual holding an MMC endorsed as Master or Pilot of an inspected self-propelled vessel is authorized to serve as operator of an uninspected passenger vessel of less than 100 GRT within any restrictions, other than tonnage limitations, on the individual’s MMC.
So unless your OUPV route was NC and you have only an inland master, there is no reason to have OUPV. In fact, the Coast Guard won’t print it on your license. Or if you had it before getting the upgrade, they will remove it.
Edit: never mind. I reread your post and see you didn’t actually get the 100grt.
Lack of information to answer this. Are you talking about the course completion cert? Or was OUPV endorsed in your MMC at one point?
So they have my 100t license and are withholding it. Its an upgrade from an oupv. They didn’t continue our correspondence via the updated contact information I provided them. During that my oupv timed out. But my upgrade to 100t was approved. They’re saying I have to retake the oupv in a certain time frame or they’re gonna revoke the 100t. I was told I have provide another passing oupv certificate in order to get the 100t
Yeah they won’t send it until I re take an oupv .
I think there is enough. He took two courses that together replace the exams for Master 100. Both of those courses are valid for one year from the date of application. Sounds like the application was pending at NMC, the one-year mark for the first of the two courses passed, and NMC later closed the application. When he re-applied, that one year mark had passed and the course was not accepted.
If he disagrees with the decision of the NMC to not accept the course, he should ask NMC for a RECONSIDERATION (use that word) of their decision. This is the first step of the appeal process. If after reconsideration by the NMC, he is still aggrieved he can appeal to CGHQ.
As an alternative to the appeal process and/or re-taking the course he can take the Coast Guard exam at an REC.
However, there may be a lack of information to determine if the title of this discussion is appropriate…
Yes!! Thank you!!!