Upgarding not sure need help

I have a question about sea time. I am currently in the process of upgrading to 1600tn but im having a prob logging my sea time i think i screwed up when i logged my time for my 100tn because when i logged it i logged all my time on my big boat witch is over 100grt and now that im upgraggig to a bigger lic its calling for 4 more time on a vessel over 100grt and for the last 3 yrs i been on a 99 grt vessel i mean i also have more sea time, Im just lost

You should just stick to being a deckhand for a while. Maybe do some reading, maybe some mental acuity exercises. There are plenty of retards running boats as is.

[QUOTE=capt. red;76893]I have a question about sea time. I am currently in the process of upgrading to 1600tn but im having a prob logging my sea time i think i screwed up when i logged my time for my 100tn because when i logged it i logged all my time on my big boat witch is over 100grt and now that im upgraggig to a bigger lic its calling for 4 more time on a vessel over 100grt and for the last 3 yrs i been on a 99 grt vessel i mean i also have more sea time, Im just lost[/QUOTE]

nut shore ether hole nuther form in this suject mebbe u luk round in maritime topics under subheading maritime training and licensing Hole buncha stuff dere

Damn. Looks like there was a sale on pointy sticks at K-Mar… :slight_smile:

Amen. Thank you all.

[QUOTE=SLUGWRENCH;76902]You should just stick to being a deckhand for a while. Maybe do some reading, maybe some mental acuity exercises. There are plenty of retards running boats as is.[/QUOTE]

Your to busy trying to degrade someone to even notice that im already a captain. Im trying to upgrade you idiot. Maybe you need to go back to the deck and learn how to pay attention to whats being said and going on that way when sombody tells you somthing you dont do the wrong thing and loose yourboat a job or get sombody hurt. Or are you even a captain your probly some deckhand trying to impress sombody get a life bro

OK Capt.Red I’m game.

You are getting guff because your writing style is very (and I’m being polite here) hard to understand.

You say you have a question. You don’t ask any questions in your post. You only say that something is wrong with your seatime.

What is impossible to deal with is your post about days over, under, and logged wrong. How can anyone other than yourself correct this?

None of it makes sense. You make the comment at the end that you are ‘lost’. So are we. You need to figure out what you need, what you want to ask, and then ask it.

What do you need? total days required for a 1600GT upgrade? how many of them must be on vessels OVER 100GT?

You mention ‘logged wrong’ you mean you have already submitted the time into the CG and it is at the lower tonnage? If the time is not submitted yet, fix the tonnage on paper, and have the company write another seaservice letter. Or YOU write a new letter.

"nut shore ether hole nuther form in this suject mebbe u luk round in maritime topics under subheading maritime training and licensing Hole buncha stuff dere "

Cappy you should of just left it at that, made me snort coffee.

dis yung capn here dun bin membr cince 2009 an he stil dunt no how we duz thangs,

Isn’t basic competence in the English language an STCW requirement for an “outside” license over 200 tons?

I hope to Christ that the USCG requires better English than that for STCW. Otherwise why bother at all?

You idiots need to pay attention and pay some respect to Capt. Red there. He’s ALREADY a captain. 100 ton near coastal. Says so right there on his profile.

It says he’s worked on yachts. We need to be careful he may know the Flag Officer.

Let me clear some things up It pissed me off when the guy told me i need to stay on deck Im not a deckhand havnt been in a long time.Now My question is when i turned in my seatime I put 720 days on my big boat it is 104 grt and in cfr46 it requires that you have i think 1400 or so days and at least 360 on a vessel over 100grt will that time apply when i upgrade or do I need log more time on it because The boat that I have been running for the last three yrs is 99grt if so i have alot more seatime from befor i even got my license. Im sorry if there was some confusion I had been on the wheel for a long time and was pretty tired but yet it was not that hard to figure ot what i was saying if you just read it. If you didnt understand it you didnt have to say anything I my self follow the code and dont disrespect other captains. It really doesnt matter any way because i own the boats and could make up the seatime anyway.

Any time you already have on file counts. If you meet the 1600 ton requirement for tonnage, you will be fine. Recent time on a smaller boat will just count as general days in your file, but you must meet the minimum time of X days on a vessel over 100grt.

[B]MASTER 1600 GRT (46 CFR 10.412): 1440 days underway with 720 days on vessels over 100 GRT; 720 days must have been as master/mate/OUPV while holding license with 360 days of the master/mate/OUPV service on vessels over 100 GRT. Ocean endorsement requires completion of Celestial Navigation exam.[/B]

So you need 1440 days total.

You need half of that on vessels OVER 100GT.

Of the 720 days as operator (master, mate) half of it must be OVER 100 tons.

You have a 100 ton license. There is NO WAY you could LEGALLY have this time required. [I] You said yourself you have a 100 ton. So you are not even allowed to operate a vessel OVER 100 tons to qualify.[/I]

There used to be a AB loophole, if you had an AB you could get a 1600 ton but I believe this was removed when they toughened up the license requirements.

On a better note, you DO qualify for the 500 GT Master license. less days, less tonnage. (50 instead of 100)

How’s this!!!.. [B]500 GRT (46 CFR 10.418): 1080 days underway with 720 days as master/mate/OUPV while holding license; 360 of
the master/mate/OUPV service must be on vessels over 50 GRT. Ocean endorsement requires completion of Celestial Navigation exam.[/B]

The way it works now is you will take the same exam either way (500 or 1600 ton master) and in your case you just submit the extra time when you get it (over 100GT) and get the license lifted from 500 to 1600.

If you are having a hard time discussing this with the same guys who are JUST like you, then how the heck are you going to understand what is going on in the classroom. And don’t take this personally… The 500/1600 exam is NOTHING like you had for the 100 ton. Reading your posts would make me politely remind you that there is a hell of a lot of reading, comprehension and picayune details that you will have to know inside and out. Never mind the math skills and memorization you will have to do. I’m anonymous, so are you. Just letting you know. I have seen guys come apart during the studying and flip out. It is a young mans game. Good Luck.

[QUOTE=capt. red;76893]I have a question about sea time. I am currently in the process of upgrading to 1600tn but im having a prob logging my sea time i think i screwed up when i logged my time for my 100tn because when i logged it i logged all my time on my big boat witch is over 100grt and now that im upgraggig to a bigger lic its calling for 4 more time on a vessel over 100grt and for the last 3 yrs i been on a 99 grt vessel i mean i also have more sea time, Im just lost[/QUOTE]

If you are or have said you were mate or master on a vessel over 100 GRT, and have a not more than 100 GRT license, you might expect some raised eyebrows or worse on your time.

If Capt. Red was master of a shrimp boat over 100grt, and no license was required as the operator, he’s all set isn’t he?

Yep it counts Thats what my big boat is big shrimpboat. I talk to a guy at sea k’s licensing. I have already taken all the test and the courses ab, fire, fighting, brm ect. A guy at school was saying that it wouldnt count but the instructor told me it would. I was just trying to clarify it these guys took it to a whole nother level.

17 posts later…the facts become clear.

This thread should have been started under “Maritime Training and Licensing” with Un-Inspected Fishing Industry Vessel mentioned.
You would probably have gotten the straight scoop right from the get go.

[QUOTE=seadog!;77027]17 posts later…the facts become clear.

This thread should have been started under “Maritime Training and Licensing” with Un-Inspected Fishing Industry Vessel mentioned.
You would probably have gotten the straight scoop right from the get go.[/QUOTE]

Your rite !!! I dont ever use the site I just had didnt really pay attention to what all it had I didnt mention it because i was just trying to figure out if my time was turned in from my 100 tn would apply to my upgrade.They just started running with it If they would have said that i would ve moved nothing said

Don’t worry about it Red, we know you are simply trying to improve yourself and your standard of living, like all of us. Cappy gave you some good information, spelled it all right out for you. Good luck to you, sir.