Instead of kvetching about problems, here’s a solution to our shrinking manufacturing sector RE; China:
- Identify major manufacturing sectors we want to retain employment in.
- Tell the world if they want to sell goods here from those sectors, 50% of them must be made in America. Same thing we do with foreign cars. Foreign capital/American workers.
- Because we don’t export many manufactured goods, it will be hard for foreign countries to retaliate against us the same way, except…
- Protect your ears from screaming American farmers when those foreign countries retaliate by not buying American farm exports.
- Decide what degree of manufacturing sector increase offsets decreases in farm exports.
- Come to grips with the senators from the farm states, when they torpedo this plan.