Understanding China

Watch this to the end to understand the CCP

Kyle Bass and Hayman Capital? He makes a living shorting currency. Hayman Capital is not well thought of in legal circles due to his attempts at currency manipulation. Spalding is just a useful pawn hoping to ride on Bassā€™s coattails and get rich. While there are many things wrong with Chinaā€™s market manipulation Bass is no better if not worse than any of Chinaā€™s shenanigans. Bass preys on his own countrymen, pension funds and naĆÆve investors.

1 Like

ok, shall I find Spalding saying the same thing with a different interviewer for you?

Listen to what Spalding says ( he does have a PH.D in Economics) and can read the both the Chinese and CCP constitutions.
He clearly points out that the CCP is using the tools Russia has on the internet to change the way you think. Nothing new but very effective and everyday Silicone Valley makes better tools for this to happen.
The CCP wants to put a microphone and speaker in every houseā€¦outrageous,
oh somebody did it for them. lol
You can see they have Bugge they convinced him and he doesnt realise it.
( I guess he believes what he reads in the Gov controlled press here in Singapore too?)
The con is to convince you the CCP speaks for the 1.4 Billion.
Their own population tied up in knots, thats easy to conquer.

The next war will be done over the internet, Orwell understated everything, imagine a whole country of Manchurian candidatesā€¦

Fair enough. Spalding is largely correct but Iā€™d say the ā€œelitesā€ along with US regulators were complicit.

Next step in the ā€œtrade warā€ between US and China:

Illegal according to WTO rules and the 2020 understanding with US, but it is a two-way street.

Who blinks first??

If China signs a contract it is meaningless as a number of companies as diverse as carpet manufacturer s and baby food suppliers. They will sign anything knowing that if it doesnā€™t suit them they will not honour it.

US is member of WTO and party to the 2020 understanding.
They have Buy American rules for public purchases as well.
Are you implying that the US Gov. doesnā€™t honour contracts, or keep their word??

I based my post on what has happened to NZ suppliers who have been effected by China. To my knowledge anything we have supplied to the USA the contract has always been honoured.

The other problem is how does one enforce a contract violation with a Chinese supplier? Example; I had a contract with a Chinese supplier to supply concrete screws. They sent samples prior to the signing of the contract and the samples passed all tests. The first order of 500,000 went well. No problems from customers. The next order was for one million and customers started complaining about them breakingā€¦ I had them tested and the metallurgy was out of whack. According to the mutually agreed upon contract the Chinese supplier was to pay a 200% indemnity for any order that not meet specifications when tested by independent Chinese metallurgists and one outside China independent metallurgist. Both consuulting firms agreed the product did not meet specs. When my representative in China tried to enforce this claim it was to no avail. They had quickly changed the name and officers in the company.
I told told my Chinese representative, ā€œIā€™ve seen this crap before. Those guys must have gotten their MBA in the USA.ā€

2 Likes

I had a buddy mech eng for a European offshore structure company, his company had done a few joint ventures with chinese fabricators and the national oil company.
Due to so many very expensive cock ups the last project he told me they had several Americans in china supervising the testing every single nut and bolt used in the project.
The Chinese partners agreed to pay for that.
Got lots of stories of very expensive shutdowns due to fake chinese parts and it was the Chinese partners that got burnt.

I suppose all countries go thru their learning phases. I was in Korea when STX was building under license engines for a major EU manufacturerā€¦ Even the guys putting the engines together knew the parts were from the lowest bidder and prone to fail. If a bearing was NK I told them, that was Not Kosher, they said no worse than that North Korean. Eventually they started build some good engines.

the problem is for mainlanders the attitude is expect to be ripped off as we know thats what everyone does.
The killer for Chinese businesses is even if the boss is trying to do a good job his staff substitute stuff and sabotage his reputation and depending when that is found out depends on how expensive that is.

You must of heard of pressure vessel storiesā€¦

The article in post # 1389 was about compliance with WTO Rules and to honour understanding between Governments.
Dishonest companies and individuals you find everywhere. Iā€™m pretty sure you can find some horror stories from any country in the world, if you look hard enough

I would not go near a Chinese made pressure vessel for long. Some are good but others, not so much. Working around one is like playing Russian roulette.

1 Like

For many years the Chinese in china were banned from selling them, perhaps still are?
All pressure vessels and parts to build had to come from overseas.
The Chinese embassies in foreign companies sent letters to all potential suppliers to inform them if they had a request from China.
The reason for that was after a few large explosions and they tried to sue the overseas suppliers the Chinese came to learn that the only interaction with the overseas company was a quote and with some creative photocopying made that into a purchase so they got approval.

1 Like