TWIC card still waiting guess will never get it?

You are supposed to get your card in 6/8 weeks well took them 12 weeks to tell me they needed more info. Guess they didn’t see charges were dismissed when they did background check. Well I sent needed docs on Dec 20 the court papers showing these bogus charges were dismissed. I had 3 tickets and none been answered been longer then 30 days. TWIC help desk no help what is the point of them??

Your Status: Adjudication Processing - In Progress
Adjudication processing has been scheduled with TSA. Due to the current backlog of cases, this process can take several weeks depending on your background and immigration status.

I know economy bad but would like my twic card so when things pick back up I can try and get a job back on water. Anyone else having problems??? BTW I applied in Oct

<table class=“cardStatus” border=“0”><tbody><tr><td class=“activationLabel”>Your Status: </td> <td class=“activationValue”> Card Issuance - Card Request Initiated
Your TWIC application has been approved and a card production request has been submitted to the production facility.
</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan=“2” valign=“top” height=“10”></td> </tr> <tr> <td class=“activationLabel”>Status Card Type: </td> <td class=“activationValue”>Original</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan=“2” valign=“top” height=“10”></td> </tr> <tr> <td class=“activationLabel”>Status Date: </td> <td class=“activationValue”> April 22, 2009 - 10:35 AM EDT </td></tr></tbody></table>

<TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD class=activationValue>Your TWIC application has been approved and a card production request has been submitted to the production facility. </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top colSpan=2 height=10></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
does this mean its ready to pick up

I’m guessing no. My notification e-mail said quite specifically that my TWIC was ready for pick-up and that I needed to make an appointment to pick it up. The e-mail also provided a link for me to schedule an appointment. All of which I did.

From application to pick-up took me 3 weeks. On the other hand, I’m former military with a still current security clearance, so that might have made things go faster.

Best of luck…

Mine took about 6 weeks.But not until i made several trips to get it. Somehow, after I had gone down and did all the paper work and took the pic . I get an email saying it was ready… Another 250 mile round trip I go to get it and they don’t have it. what a disaster…

I was to be notified by email when I was to pick up my card. I never was notified. When I called and was told my card had been ready for about a month I went to pick it up - at the address on the website - but the office had moved.

Three weeks ago I went to the REC to see about some info in my file. I had to make an on-line appointment a week in advance. I stated the purpose of my visit in my email (as requested) and then got to the REC at 1030 hours - and I was the first person of the day to sign in. When I said that I was there to check something about my sea-time letter in file I was told that my file was now in West Virginia and that they did not have that info. Hmmmm… I wish I had been told that a month earlier when I walked into the REC and asked face-to-face how I could confirm something about an old sea time letter.

Two weeks ago I called NMC to ask about using a foreign-issued crowd control certificate. I was told, over the phone: “absolutely not”. I felt that the woman on the phone was not listening to me. I did not think she was answering the question I was asking. And she would not admit that she did not understand what I was asking.

So… I sent an email to the NMC stating my question. And I got a very timely written response - from a person with a last name and a telephone number - answering my question with the opposite answer that I had gotten verbally the very same day.

I do think that things are much better than they were a year ago at NMC. But there still is little quality control regarding “advice” you get over the phone from the people at NMC with no last names!