TWIC card? can I use the "pre-check" line?

Wondering if I can use the express lane when flying??? Anybody do this??

You can try, but you will fail!!

I’ve tried before, and had no luck. That prompted me to get pre-check. Easy to do. Now if I fly somewhere that doesn’t have it, or is temporarily closed, I get chapped!

[QUOTE=Rebel_Rider1969;165986]Wondering if I can use the express lane when flying??? Anybody do this??[/QUOTE]

Some guys claim they can. I have had pre check for a long time so I wouldn’t know firsthand.

Also, it must say “TSA pre check” on your boarding pass, or you cannot use pre check.

At places where they do not have pre check, the TSA pinheads often seem to love to harass people who have pre check. There are certain airports that
I try to avoid .

I’ve never asked to use it before but always had it out and sometimes the guards divert me into preheck line. I never go expecting them to though.

Depends on the person standing at the precheck & what airport. I’ve been put in precheck in Boston, providence, charleston, newark(sometimes), jfk with my twic.

Like it’s been said above I try to use it every chance I get since I paid for it and never have actually used it. I used the pre check line in Nola cause I was gonna miss my flight home and the lady let me right on thru no problem. I went online and signed up for the pre check the next day. Really depends on who you get checking your id at the entrance. Most times they have no clue

[QUOTE=t.mcg;166006]Like it’s been said above I try to use it every chance I get since I paid for it and never have actually used it. I used the pre check line in Nola cause I was gonna miss my flight home and the lady let me right on thru no problem. I went online and signed up for the pre check the next day. Really depends on who you get checking your id at the entrance. Most times they have no clue[/QUOTE]

which actually says a lot about airport security, and none of it good!

A lot of airports randomly let people go through pre check who don’t have it. It’s a thing they have in place for when they get busy. I guess they figure it being random will keep terrorists from getting through.

[QUOTE=Capt. Phoenix;166012]A lot of airports randomly let people go through pre check who don’t have it. It’s a thing they have in place for when they get busy. I guess they figure it being random will keep terrorists from getting through.[/QUOTE]

TSA pre-check and TWIC are two separate programs to take money. If you have Pre-Check you have a “known traveler identification number” and you enter that when you buy your ticket. You can get pre-check and TWIC in the same office but they won’t issue you a KTIN unless you pay a fee, get finger printed again and get the EXACT same background check they give for the TWIC .
TSA was allowing airlines to issue pre-check tickets to frequent flyers but supposedly this will not be allowed in the near future, so you’ll have to pay or get in line.
You can get the info on the TSA website.

[QUOTE=tengineer1;166020]TSA pre-check and TWIC are two separate programs to take money. If you have Pre-Check you have a “known traveler identification number” and you enter that when you buy your ticket. You can get pre-check and TWIC in the same office but they won’t issue you a KTIN unless you pay a fee, get finger printed again and get the EXACT same background check they give for the TWIC .
TSA was allowing airlines to issue pre-check tickets to frequent flyers but supposedly this will not be allowed in the near future, so you’ll have to pay or get in line.
You can get the info on the TSA website.[/QUOTE]

Spot on. I do a lot of flying for my day job and was getting the free Pre Check almost every flight. When I read that there was going to be a cut back on those without a Known Traveler Identification Number, I signed up for it (good thing that I can expense things like this). Much to my surprise, I got my back ground check at the SAME PLACE as where I go for my TWIC. Better still, the TWIC is NOT an acceptable ID when getting one’s KTIN. . . . ah, the government. . . .

As far as Pre Checks getting hassled, that hasn’t been my experience, EXCEPT. . . at IAH, Terminal B, they are getting away from a separate Pre Check line; instead opting to hand those with a card. I got one a few weeks back, handed it to the TSA agent and went right through. My bag (with computer since as a Pre Check it can stay in the bag) was pulled off the line by another TSA agent who took his sweet time releasing it, only to have it swabbed. I was then chided for not following the instructions on the card to remove my bag. I then pointed out that I did not receive a card with those instructions. Didn’t make a big deal about it since I had to catch my flight.

One thing I have learned. The TSA agents own that 10 feet of space. It is pointless to argue with them. Much the same as hassling a cop when getting pulled over. . . .

[QUOTE=tengineer1;166020]TSA was allowing airlines to issue pre-check tickets to frequent flyers but supposedly this will not be allowed in the near future, so you’ll have to pay or get in line.[/QUOTE]

I never said they were giving out pre check tickets, I said they randomly let people in to the pre check line (like, every fifth person or something) based on how busy they are. I’ve seen this most commonly at New Orleans but I’ve seen it at BWI at least once.

[QUOTE=Capt. Phoenix;166039]I never said they were giving out pre check tickets, I said they randomly let people in to the pre check line (like, every fifth person or something) based on how busy they are. I’ve seen this most commonly at New Orleans but I’ve seen it at BWI at least once.[/QUOTE]

I didn’t know they were doing that. For the last two years I have gotten TSA Precheck on every ticket issued to me at one airline. When I asked them about that they said TSA allowed them to do that with certain frequent fliers as an experimental thing TSA was doing, I guess they figured if I hadn’t hijacked a plane in the last 500000 miles I wasn’t likely to do so but recently I was told that program is ending in 3 months and I would have to pay. I have gotten so used to going thru the Pre-Check I went ahead and paid the $85. Actually when they start requiring a KTIN it may make things even quicker for a little while.

[QUOTE=Capt. Phoenix;166039]I never said they were giving out pre check tickets, I said they randomly let people in to the pre check line (like, every fifth person or something) based on how busy they are. I’ve seen this most commonly at New Orleans but I’ve seen it at BWI at least once.[/QUOTE]

My girlfriend and I have been ushered through the Pre Check line at Hobby a few times when our Southwest tickets didn’t have the Pre-Check indicator. She, on her own has also been sent through the Pre-Check line at Hobby, most recently a couple of weeks ago when flying up to meet me in Indiana. . . .

Well I think you need to post that girls picture

FB_IMG_1437763932643 by Carey Akin, on Flickr

amazing how many times we have suggested this to other people and they have refused?

As much as I appreciate you posting your SOs picture, and I do. My wife would be wearing my nuts on a necklace if I ever posted her picture. Still trying to get some cheesecake pics. Such is life.

Nice Twic’s

[QUOTE=z-drive;166110]amazing how many times we have suggested this to other people and they have refused?[/QUOTE]

I am guessing that their women are either the five fingered kind, or just plain ugly. . . .

• Updated - - -

[QUOTE=captrob;166124]As much as I appreciate you posting your SOs picture, and I do. My wife would be wearing my nuts on a necklace if I ever posted her picture. Still trying to get some cheesecake pics. Such is life.[/QUOTE]

She can’t argue too much about this one, since it is her FB picture. . . . Cheesecake? Heheh, uh, oh, nevermind. . . . .