Tugboating Today

CARTOON Paper, paper, paperwork, and so much safety equipment!!

[ATTACH]2877[/ATTACH]

Ohh that’s just Crowley…not all tug company’s are that bad…but it’s sure going that way fast!

Lolz. Paperwork…but it keeps us safe! Probably 1/10th of he crap we do actually makes sense. I know guys who wouldn’t do any If they had a chance but I find just a little worthy of keeping. …from a guy who manages to fortunately do just slightly more than zero paperwork.

Crew change grub list/shopping report to be filed with the compliance department within 30 minutes of arriving onboard! Coming soon to a wheelhouse near you, brought to you by the friendly folks in compliance.

“Uh your fuel report has an error. All values are to be carried to hundredths of a gallon and rounded up. Tenths are unacceptable.”

Have you ever filled out a “lock out tag out” and a risk assessment for changing a light bulb, the more stickers we have on the boat, the safer we are.

Tugboatin’ yesterday.

Philly by cmakin, on Flickr

The next position on a tug will be a secretary. Thanks for the cartoon, it’s totally the way of the industry, more so if you’re moving oil.

I remember when you only had a red logbook that was IT!

I just over-did it with risk assessments for a while to make my point well heard. Don’t get much crap about them anymore…