TSA Pre Check and TWIC

Would it involve Aries, Leo, and Sagittarius?

Just got approved for interview for global entry. Took about 4 buisness days from time of application. Known traveler number is included as well as a bunch of other benefits when traveling. 100$.

I signed up for trusted traveller through the NEXUS program. Get pre check just about every time now. Still don’t like giving people “random” pre check status. We pay for the service and shouldn’t have to deal with people that don’t know what they’re doing and hold up the line.

[QUOTE=Quimby;181489]I signed up for trusted traveller through the NEXUS program. Get pre check just about every time now. Still don’t like giving people “random” pre check status. We pay for the service and shouldn’t have to deal with people that don’t know what they’re doing and hold up the line.[/QUOTE]

I have to say that while it IS random, in the past two years, there is only one instance where I didn’t get it. Now as a preface, I fly at least once a month, and often more times than that. Most of my travel is last minute, often the day before and sometimes even the same day. That only time in two years where I did not get PreCheck was when I was returning to Houston from Dallas. I finished the work I was doing early and was able to change my flight at the SWA kiosk to a flight leaving in 30 minutes, as opposed to my booked flight that left in three hours. I do that a lot and usually still keep the PreCheck. That one time I did not. I can live with that.

I am also that guy who travels with his SO who does NOT get PreCheck and waits for her. . . sometimes as long as 20 minutes to clear security. . .

[QUOTE=cmakin;181559]I have to say that while it IS random, in the past two years, there is only one instance where I didn’t get it. Now as a preface, I fly at least once a month, and often more times than that. Most of my travel is last minute, often the day before and sometimes even the same day. That only time in two years where I did not get PreCheck was when I was returning to Houston from Dallas. I finished the work I was doing early and was able to change my flight at the SWA kiosk to a flight leaving in 30 minutes, as opposed to my booked flight that left in three hours. I do that a lot and usually still keep the PreCheck. That one time I did not. I can live with that.[/QUOTE]

He meant the TSA allowing random people through the pre check line to speed up the main line.

[QUOTE=Capt. Phoenix;181561]He meant the TSA allowing random people through the pre check line to speed up the main line.[/QUOTE]

Oh, yeah. . . read it too fast. . . . oops. Monday morning. . .