Trump Says He Told Navy to ‘Shoot Down’ Iranian Boats

Iranian zeppelins are very dangerous

The administration is going to push every hot-button it can find in hopes that one of them will distract from endless COVID bad news. Provoking Iran will be one of the buttons.

I’d expect the United States to provoke Iran repeatedly until they retaliate. That would give the United States grounds for a lopsided military response to bring about a patriotic wave of support by Republicans. Basically I expect the President to kill Iranians to bolster his re-election chances.

(I also expect he will kill Americans via his support for the Free-the-States movements so it’s not like he’s only picking on foreigners.)

4 Likes

The Mother of all distractions. Bolton must be dancing a little jig right now.

2 Likes

Exactly. His sycophant Brian Kemp is first in line to sacrifice Georgians on the altar to Trump.

2 Likes

Who’s provoking who here? The actions of those gunboats is not provoking??

As you work for MSC, I was surprised to hear you say this. I know if I was signed on to the Puller or one of those other vessels that have been buzzed in close quarters I’d be happy to know the administration has my back. Do we need to wait until one of those boats is actually manned by one of Iran’s proxies and conducts a suicide attack before we take this shit seriously??

4 Likes

Yes, if you want the rest of the civilized world on your side you need them to attack first.

3 Likes

The “Cole” families might agree with that policy. Just sayin

4 Likes

I just want to see one of these “flying gunboats”. 8-^) It would make a heckuva RC model. Maybe I’ll make one…

Exactly

1 Like

It’s not a policy, it’s a tweet.

2 Likes

So you (as part of the rest of the civilized world) condone the conduct of the Iranian gunboats against US ships sailing in international waters?

So by “on our side”, what do you pledge to do when one of them conducts a suicide attack on a US flag vessel in international waters? How many Euros per US citizen killed? How many Euros per dollars of value lost? Please define how “on our side” will manifest itself.

2 Likes

No, but you cannot just start shooting on other nations vessels without a good reason.

I will keep well clear of the Persian gulf and watch the fireworks. That mess is your own.

Policy, Tweet or whatever. I am all for it, as I suppose are the families of the “Cole” and our sailors operating in the area. If a “Tweet” gets them to back off, that’s fine with me.

I agree. Trump’s pronouncements aside, this is a dangerous game and we are not the bad guys here. From a military standpoint, this is more than harmless harassment. It’s also a way to tactically rehearse having one of them launched loaded with explosives at a ship. Coincidence, or maybe not, China just blew a Vietnamese fishing vessel out of the water in the South China Sea where it is actively ramping up its activities there with the Roosevelt out of the picture.

2 Likes

That’s my point… The rest of the world (civilized or otherwise) aren’t going to do shit. Which is why we should return the favor and let the European Union take over the UN, the WHO, and every other WGO (world globalist organization). The cost/benefit equation just doesn’t work out at this point.

4 Likes

Why should we? No nation around the Persian Gulf want us there.

2 Likes

Yes…no… Even if you did want to intervene what could you do? How many competitive surface combatants do you have? Aircraft carriers? Submarines that can operate autonomously in that area? Gen4/gen5 fighters? Tactical bombers? Why should I (or any other US citizen) give A SHIT about what you, your country, or your continent think about what we do in that region our any other?

1 Like

I was told the pins were pulled out and they were manned.

As well they should have been with craft that close aboard… Problem is, if that craft was loaded with explosives with a suicide crew, it would have done no good

3 Likes