Transferring to suny

Transferring to SUNY has some positive feedback on the web from my research. I am an active duty sailor that is trying to possibly transfer to SUNY but I am now worried about how many of my credits they will actually accept. I got an AA in the navy and I am really not trying to take any type of college level math again. I have College Algebra under my belt and was wondering if anybody has any experience with transferring credits into SUNY from prior colleges? All the colleges I went to were regionally accredited.
Thanks guys,
islandtiger

If you only have college algebra you’ll end up needing to take math courses. Both deck and engine curriculums have a lot of math whether it’s celestial navigation and accounting(deck) or …whatever it is engineers do, I know they do at least up to calc 3, and that’s just in “Math” department courses. You also will have whatever science courses you might need like physics.

[QUOTE=LI_Domer;154823]If you only have college algebra you’ll end up needing to take math courses. Both deck and engine curriculums have a lot of math whether it’s celestial navigation and accounting(deck) or …whatever it is engineers do, I know they do at least up to calc 3, and that’s just in “Math” department courses. You also will have whatever science courses you might need like physics.[/QUOTE]

I wasn’t aware that there WAS college level algebra. . . . all my college math was calc.