Trans Pacific Partnership Agreement

The vote is tomorrow in congress. If you oppose this agreement would like any details about it now is the time to contact your congressman.

http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/

Yes, I’ve been following this and thanks for the reminder. Bump.

[QUOTE=lm1883;163725]It is actually a procedural vote to allow fast track status for TPP. Then there will be an up or down vote on the agreement which will encompass 40% of the global economy, all negotiated in secret. There are two other agreements TTIP (TransAtlantic Trade and Investment Partnership) and TISA (trade in service agreement) and both are very unpopular in Europe. Rumor is there may be concessions in transportation in the TTIP. I urge anyone who is concerned to call their congressman.[/QUOTE]

What fast track in trade means is that the President gets to negotiate the trade deal and Congress has no say in said negotiations. We should all be concerned by this and I second lm1883’s urge to call your Congressman. It’s so easy to do.

[QUOTE=catherder;163727]What fast track in trade means is that the President gets to negotiate the trade deal and Congress has no say in said negotiations. We should all be concerned by this and I second lm1883’s urge to call your Congressman. It’s so easy to do.[/QUOTE]

If you liked NAFTA you will LOVE these “trade bills” they are not actually trade bills but a bill of rights for multinational corporations over governments like the USA. Example, a corporation in China, Malaysia, etc., will be able to sue the US government if USA rules impact their profit. The US Government aka taxpayers, will owe the money.
If it is so great why is it a secret? If Obama, Boehner, McConnell, US Chamber of Commerce and all the corporate lobbying firms are for it you got to figure there is nothing in it for what is left of the middle class.

Wall Street juice rules the world, politics is just theater. Doesn’t matter who you vote for of which party you like to blame… The puppet strings are held in lower Manhattan, have been for a long time.