Training ship Golden Bear delayed. Wont return to campus by start of semester

Got email saying the ship isn’t available for housing the 11% of cadets (including my son) or for shipboard classes as was scheduled starting August 23’rd.

Advised to stand by for an update on where all these cadets will be housed. No word on where the training ship is or estimated time it might be returned to the Academy.

Anyone know what’s up? Has it happened before? My son’s driving up next week to move aboard ship…

I know she was recently at Vigor for a new paint job. Pic from August 8. Big photo watch out.

I’m sitting at the Chevron dock across the river right now and can see the Bear from my office. She is still in dry dock.

I like the new paint scheme how about you?

Hopefully she will stay upright while in the drydock. . .

[QUOTE=Starboard Ten;117555]Got email saying the ship isn’t available for housing the 11% of cadets (including my son) or for shipboard classes as was scheduled starting August 23’rd.

Advised to stand by for an update on where all these cadets will be housed. No word on where the training ship is or estimated time it might be returned to the Academy.

Anyone know what’s up? Has it happened before? My son’s driving up next week to move aboard ship…[/QUOTE]
Tell your son to be friends with “The Binnacle” on Facebook. It’s the school newspaper and has been talking about this for a few weeks. As of now everything we have heard is the students that are supposed to live on the ship will be put in a hotel with shuttle service to campus. They say it will not be the Vallejo inn so I doubt anyone will get any stds. The ship encountered delays in the yard but no word on what it was but I do know there are 2 cadets on board throughout the dry dock period so we may hear soon.

“We’ll leave the light on for ya”…

Freshmen are being housed in a Vallejo Motel 6… And will be shuttled to campus until the TSGB returns sometime in September.

Heard they can use the pool… That should result in a few deaths.

Not sure if they get free breakfast…

Looks sharp… Training ships seem to be headed to dark hulls to hide the rust I suppose. Good idea.

Oh that’s bad. If its the motel 6 outside the gate that place is a complete dump. Not to mention the clientele that place attracts. Unless something has changed, CMA should be ashamed of themselves for housing students there

That and tug rub. Looked like a fish processing ship last I saw her.

[QUOTE=brjones;118012]Oh that’s bad. If its the motel 6 outside the gate that place is a complete dump. Not to mention the clientele that place attracts. Unless something has changed, CMA should be ashamed of themselves for housing students there[/QUOTE]

I stayed there a few months ago when picking up my uniforms. Its reputation holds. On the other hand, perhaps that will make the ship/dorms feel like an upgrade!

They are not staying there, the school wants cash they won’t scare the newbs away till at least cruise lol

She’s back