Training Ship Cruise Destinations

Where will you be visiting this summer?

The Golden Bear this year will be going to:
Panama City, Panama
Valparaiso, Chile
Guayaquil, Ecuador
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

Crew Change in Los Angeles.

I’m curious what your Ports of Call will be this summer.

Been to any of these Ports and have Insider Information Please Share.
Thanks

I think we’re going all the way down to Valpo first then making our way back up the coast. Of course you’ll see it’ll probably change three times before the cruise. If I’m remembering correctly though most of the E. Coast schools do their cruise during the winter.

Texas Maritime Academy will be going to

Panama City, Panama
Valparaiso, Chile
Guayaquil, Ecuador
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Los Angeles,
Vallejo…

Chuckle chuckle chuckle…

The itineraries are saying that we’re going to Balboa instead of Panama City. Big change of maybe 10 miles or so.

Did this cruise in 2006. The ports are different as we stopped in Zihuatenejo Mexico, Lima, Peru, and Golfito, Costa Rica. Balboa was to take on fuel only, so no one was able to get off the ship since we were only there for a few hours.

Valparaiso is a cool place. Lots of neat European type architecture and they make some really good wine there. Be ready to drink it though since getting it back to the states is $$$ and we know what the consequences of getting caught with it on board the ship. There is a seaman’s center and the food there is really good. To get around there is a train that runs from one side of the city to the other and its rather cheap.

If this is your senior cruise, make the most of it. As much BS as it is, at the end you’ll look back and realize that you had an awesome time with some of the best friends that you’ve made at the Academy.

I’m not on campus at Schuyler this semester, but I recently heard from a buddy that we will be going to

San Miguel, Azores
Gibraltar
Reykjavik, Iceland
Kiel, Germany

this summer. However, based on previous years, this is likely to change several times before May.

[quote=CMA_Cadet;7548]Where will you be visiting this summer?

The Golden Bear this year will be going to:
Panama City, Panama
Valparaiso, Chile
Guayaquil, Ecuador
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

Crew Change in Los Angeles.

I’m curious what your Ports of Call will be this summer.

Been to any of these Ports and have Insider Information Please Share.
Thanks[/quote]

Crew change? What crew is there to change?

CMA goes on two cruises every summer to accommodate all the students.

Yep, first cruise is usually with CMA cadets and Calpoly. And second cruise is with Texas cadets. At least that’s how it was last year. They’ve also added more berthing areas as if it wasn’t crowded enough…

Those new berthing areas were built in the spaces that used to be the upper and lower class lounges. So now cadets have no where to congregate and relax other then their rooms. Not to mention after the Texas ship is done with its conversion, CMA will be returning to one cruise during the summer.