Training Certificate Submittal Time Limit? Calling Mr. Cavo

The question came up recently about time limits for submitting training certificates (STCW mandated course) to the USCG NMC. Like many mariners, I would tend to keep these until my next renewal, unless there was a pressing reason to submit them prior (like a regulatory deadline). Another mariner has stated that they were told (at a rather remote REC) that there was a 1 year time limit for submitting these from the date of the certificate.

Any information out there? Granted, I am also searching on the NMC website as I write this…Mr. Cavo?

[QUOTE=RichMadden;149470]The question came up recently about time limits for submitting training certificates (STCW mandated course) to the USCG NMC. Like many mariners, I would tend to keep these until my next renewal, unless there was a pressing reason to submit them prior (like a regulatory deadline). Another mariner has stated that they were told (at a rather remote REC) that there was a 1 year time limit for submitting these from the date of the certificate.

Any information out there? Granted, I am also searching on the NMC website as I write this…Mr. Cavo?[/QUOTE]

See Section 5.a.2 on page 2 of NVIC 3-14:

[I]The validity period during which an applicant may use a course completion to meet credentialing requirements is as follows:
i) Any time limit prescribed by regulation, e.g. five years for the “Tankship: Dangerous Liquids” course specified in 46 CFR 13.201©(4); and
ii) One year for courses that substitute for an examination given by the Coast Guard; and
iii) Five years for all other courses.[/I]

[QUOTE=jdcavo;149506]See Section 5.a.2 on page 2 of NVIC 3-14:

[I]The validity period during which an applicant may use a course completion to meet credentialing requirements is as follows:
i) Any time limit prescribed by regulation, e.g. five years for the “Tankship: Dangerous Liquids” course specified in 46 CFR 13.201©(4); and
ii) One year for courses that substitute for an examination given by the Coast Guard; and
iii) Five years for all other courses.[/I][/QUOTE]

Thank you!