Torpedoed by the border wall

to which I retread my response from a thread dating back to last year before the election

so the pointy stick has a sharp point on each end and can be painful regardless of who is in charge. Congress demanded Obama produce a maritime strategy and they punted. Trump apparently has one from MarAd (not sure if it was one left over from the Obama Admin) but OMB has sat on it because I suspect it might involve spending some precious money.

This entire Wall nonsense is nothing but a political stunt by a Pretender President in order to feed raw meat to a small bunch of rabid right wing supporters (of which I suspect you are one). Recall that Trump was going to sign a bipartisan budget bill before the shutdown until That Great Bloated One (Rush Limbaugh) started to lambast Trump to not demanding his wall. 5 weeks of him holding his breath and turning blue didn’t work so now he is going to turn presidential power on its head and declare a national emergency to which I was GOOD! Now when there is a Democrat president, he (or she) can use the same power when there is the next mass school shooting since there is precedent.

I say cancel the LSC program outright and use that money to build this “wall”…I am sure is would be far more useful and breakdown less frequently

1 Like