Top 10 Companys to work for in the GOM?

These will be my first 10 to stop at in the GOM. Thanks.

My list based on reading on here so far. I’m new and naive so I may not be the best judge…

Seacor
ECO
Hornbeck
Otto Candies
Kirby - (Tankerman PIC)
Harvey Gulf
GOL

[QUOTE=Rebel_Rider1969;74150]These will be my first 10 to stop at in the GOM. Thanks.My list based on reading on here so far. I’m new and naive so I may not be the best judge… SeacorECOHornbeckOtto CandiesKirby - (Tankerman PIC)Harvey GulfGOLCandy Fleet[/QUOTE]for some reason I could not edit?

Is this “in any order” or your actual order of places you want to work.

Just any order.I’ll prob goto ECO first though.

[QUOTE=ryanwood86;74279]Is this “in any order” or your actual order of places you want to work.[/QUOTE]

HOS is still hiring pretty heavy from what I understand. Don’t forget about drill rigs or drill ships. They’re always looking for deck guys from my understanding.

I hope so. I’ve applied for 5 spots with them but have heard little back. Normally I have to call 5 times to reach someone, so they must be busy.

[QUOTE=ryanwood86;74283]HOS is still hiring pretty heavy from what I understand. Don’t forget about drill rigs or drill ships. They’re always looking for deck guys from my understanding.[/QUOTE]

Well duh? Kirby dosen’t have an office in LA.

Add

Oceaneering

Abdon Callais

They have one in Houston which is where some drill ship companies are. I believe there’s one in baton rogue too

Not for sure which is the best and I’d be scared to even vote. But I believe that if I got cut would probably bleed “orange and creme” blood.

Just a suggestion. Go to a few of the third string companies first to practice your interview skills and learn what the hard questions are and how to answer them. Then go to the better companies after you have you know what to say. No point in making all your mistakes at the best companies that you really want to work for.

Remember to take copies of your online applications and documents to hand to the HR guys.

Stay at the Chateau on the Bayou to network with other mariners.

If you don’t find a job in the first two days (probably a 50/50 chance), rent a car and send your wife home while you continue to look for another week.

Go for it and good luck.