This is Singapore

the good old days when everyone had a smile on their face in the streets

If you want to taste authentic Singapore food when you visit next, here is a guide that may be helpful:

UPDATE:
Another Ang Moh’s guide to Singapore Hawker Food:

PS> There must be a hundred different such guides to be found on the net.

This month it is 50 years since the “Keep Singapore CLEAN” campaign was launched:

It is amazing how time flies when you are having fun.

I can remember Singapore in the days when you could smell it before you could see it when arriving by sea and Singapore River was busy, but a lifeless smelly soup of anything unmentionable.
Today it is a fresh water reservoir teeming with fish and home to several families of sea otters.

One anecdote from the early days of the cleanup; at Boat Quay there was a VERY smelly pissoir on the bank of the river. As the story goes, one man that couldn’t hold it until it was his turn took a piss directly into the river just beside the pissoir got fined for polluting the river. The fun part was that the pissoir hadn’t yet been connected to the sewage system but drained directly to the river.

Ohh the good ol’ days!!!

The railway tracks from Tg. Pagar station to the causeway was removed shortly after rail service ended on this stretch on 01. July, 2011 and nature was allowed to reclaim the vacated corridor.
But that is not enough. To speed up the process, nature are given some help:

Move over Tesla, here comes the Singapore made electric car:

No more Bombay Gin, now it is Brass Lion and Tanglin Gin from Singapore that rules (at least in Singapore):

UPDATE:
Singapore building snags top architectural price:

Michael Rogge visited Singapore in 1964:

In 1975:

​​​​​​​
And again in 1987:

Up date:
Another video from Singapore of my youth:

Nostalgia for me.

UPDATE:
The new Terminal 4 at Changi Airport has opened for business. Here is a NG report about the event.
If you are a frequent flyer but haven’t visited this new terminal, please eat you heart out:

​​​​​​​PS> Terminal 5 is now under construction. It is bound to pip this one.

hate those new terminals, passenger does all the work, f*** that, next year we will be loading our own bags.
Air travel is getting longer and more arduous for the passenger, I waste huge time trying to book a flight on some web site designed to stitch you up, then get to the airport to check yourself in, how is that better for the passenger?

That will be for Terminal 5. (Now under construction)

The old man is back in charge of Malaysia: