The Korean Peninsula

This time the potential is getting warmer and warmer, will it get hot?

"The U.S. Navy is moving a sea-based radar platform closer to the North Korean coast to monitor that country’s military moves, including possible new missile launches, a Defense Department official said Monday.
The decision to dispatch the oil rig-like SBX-1 is the first of what may be other Navy deployments, CNN has learned. It follows weeks of belligerent rhetoric from North Korea since a February nuclear bomb test, including the renunciation of the 60-year-old armistice that ended the Korean War and threats to use nuclear weapons. " ~ CNN

We are paying out the you know what for that thing glad they will be using it! I hear they could track a baseball from SF if you put it in the air in NYC.

"I hate war, the outcome is so precipitous."
Perhaps the North Korean 30 year old Great Leader should listen to Queen Elizabeth the First.
All out war on the Korean Peninsula would be horrific.

[QUOTE=Sweat-n-Grease;104320]This time the potential is getting warmer and warmer, will it get hot?

"The U.S. Navy is moving a sea-based radar platform closer to the North Korean coast to monitor that country’s military moves, including possible new missile launches, a Defense Department official said Monday.
The decision to dispatch the oil rig-like SBX-1 is the first of what may be other Navy deployments, CNN has learned. It follows weeks of belligerent rhetoric from North Korea since a February nuclear bomb test, including the renunciation of the 60-year-old armistice that ended the Korean War and threats to use nuclear weapons. " ~ CNN[/QUOTE]

I am in and out of Korea a lot. Funny thing is the Korean media pays much less attention to this than the USA media. The Koreans say that if the US would just quit giving this clown any attention he would just quiet down with the BS. The north has been playing this rhetoric game for a long time to deflect their own peoples attention away from the real problem which is the north Korean government. The military which actually runs the north is not suicidal.They don’t have a delivery system capable of hitting much of anything but themselves or some random target fairly close despite all the talk. They basically have crude nuclear and conventional payloads mounted on SCUD like missles which if launched they would never see land because they themselves would be annihilated in short order. They are vocal but not completely insane.The US military industrial complex loves all this because they can rationalize spending OUR money defending a country which is quite capable of defending itself.

[QUOTE=rshrew;104324]We are paying out the you know what for that thing glad they will be using it! I hear they could track a baseball from SF if you put it in the air in NYC.[/QUOTE]
Yes, that may indeed be very well true but tell that to General Custer.
Way too many innocents will die and they may be the lucky ones.

[QUOTE=tengineer;104326]I am in and out of Korea a lot. Funny thing is the Korean media pays much less attention to this than the USA media. The Koreans say that if the US would just quit giving this clown any attention he would just quiet down with the BS. The north has been playing this rhetoric game for a long time to deflect their own peoples attention away from the real problem which is the north Korean government. The military which actually runs the north is not suicidal.They don’t have a delivery system capable of hitting much of anything but themselves or some random target fairly close despite all the talk. They basically have crude nuclear and conventional payloads mounted on SCUD like missles which if launched they would never see land because they themselves would be annihilated in short order. They are vocal but not completely insane.The US military industrial complex loves all this because they can rationalize spending OUR money defending a country which is quite capable of defending itself.[/QUOTE]

It’s the “insane” thing I’m considering.

[QUOTE=rshrew;104324]We are paying out the you know what for that thing glad they will be using it! I hear they could track a baseball from SF if you put it in the air in NYC.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, right. That’s what they said about the Aegis system that couldn’t tell the difference between an Airbus and a fighter. The only people being fooled are the American taxpayers.

Most likely sir! Lol

The mighty north korean navy with the little man in the boat preparing to attack!

Sooner, not later, this bastard child of the Cold War has got to go.
North Korea, in the words of a New York State Congressman, "is a country totally run by a criminal gang."
How much longer will it be tolerated?
We should have finished the job but we were so rightfully tired of war back in 1953.
BTW, the Korean War is viewed by most historians as the most vicious war in recent memory, and THAT is saying something.

If Truman would have let MacArthur drop the bomb, we wouldn’t be having these issues today!

Acting insane is completely rational.

60+ years, its time to finish it. The Chinese should right the wrong they committed during the war by creating the 38th Parallel mess we currently have. Cut the NK aid, and this will all be over.

That is all :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Sweat-n-Grease;104336]Sooner, not later, this bastard child of the Cold War has got to go.
North Korea, in the words of a New York State Congressman, "is a country totally run by a criminal gang."
How much longer will it be tolerated?
We should have finished the job but we were so rightfully tired of war back in 1953.
BTW, the Korean War is viewed by most historians as the most vicious war in recent memory, and THAT is saying something.[/QUOTE]

My uncle was in the Korean War. He told us horror stories which curled the hair of some of the WW II family members. I will never forget one thing he said," you will never change a mentality that was in existence thousands of years before the US and Europe with a bullet or a bomb. You can only let them evolve from within."
North Korea hasn’t evolved yet but they will and if we are smart we won’t spend a dime forcing the issue. The people in the north know of the people in the south and how much better they live, it is just a matter of time.

[QUOTE=ForkandBlade;104337]If Truman would have let MacArthur drop the bomb, we wouldn’t be having these issues today![/QUOTE]

That reminds me of a certain scene in a certain movie.

“Somebody asked me if we should have bombed Japan, I said ‘Well, yes. By all means sir, drop that fucker, twice!’”

Zip ahead to 1 minute and 15 seconds:

//youtu.be/z4Yw3qU58w4

[QUOTE=seadog6608;104332]http://freekorea.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/kim_jong_un_boat_west_sea_yellow_sea-600x402.jpg

The mighty north korean navy with the little man in the boat preparing to attack![/QUOTE]

When you said “little man in the boat” I was almost afraid to click at work…

[QUOTE=tengineer;104342]My uncle was in the Korean War. He told us horror stories which curled the hair of some of the WW II family members. I will never forget one thing he said," you will never change a mentality that was in existence thousands of years before the US and Europe with a bullet or a bomb. You can only let them evolve from within."
North Korea hasn’t evolved yet but they will and if we are smart we won’t spend a dime forcing the issue. The people in the north know of the people in the south and how much better they live, it is just a matter of time.[/QUOTE]

My uncle was over there too (Marines) and he won’t talk about it to this day.

[QUOTE=ForkandBlade;104337]If Truman would have let MacArthur drop the bomb, we wouldn’t be having these issues today![/QUOTE]

What does this mean to you, ForkandBlade?
“We should have finished the job but we were so rightfully tired of war back in 1953”.

[QUOTE=catherder;104344]When you said “little man in the boat” I was almost afraid to click at work…[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=catherder;104345]My uncle was over there too (Marines) and he won’t talk about it to this day.[/QUOTE]

My uncle was also Corps and only talked about it a few years before he died. He did say more than once he would never be cold or afraid again. I don’t know about the afraid part but you were always warm in his house!