The Korean Peninsula

wdfe timberland ブーツ timberland スニーカー timberland スニーカー timberland ブーツ syrk timberland ブーツ timberland スニーカー timberland スニーカー timberland ptff timberland ブーツ timberland timberland ブーツ timberland mwuf lecc tyol ldue

[QUOTE=tengineer;104342]The people in the north know of the people in the south and how much better they live, it is just a matter of time.[/QUOTE]

I recommend a book that might put another light on that idea: [B]Escape From Camp 14[/B] by Blaine Harden. It is the story of the one single person who ever escaped from one of the NK camps for people the government believes might “evolve” or carry the genes of a grandparent who evolved over the border in 1953.

In the case of NK, devolution may be the reality.

The book is available as an E-Book for the iPad.

[QUOTE=SomalianRoadCorporation;104340]60+ years, its time to finish it. The Chinese should right the wrong they committed during the war by creating the 38th Parallel mess we currently have. Cut the NK aid, and this will all be over.[/QUOTE]

That is probably exactly what the Chinese are saying about American support of the Israeli government.

Situational ethics make for the strangest of bedfellows and often rude awakenings.

[QUOTE=Steamer;104355]I recommend a book that might put another light on that idea: [B]Escape From Camp 14[/B] by Blaine Harden. It is the story of the one single person who ever escaped from one of the NK camps for people the government believes might “evolve” or carry the genes of a grandparent who evolved over the border in 1953.

In the case of NK, devolution may be the reality.

The book is available as an E-Book for the iPad.[/QUOTE]

I ordered the book a few moments ago.
Also, “Escape From Camp 14” has a Face Book page for those interested.

[QUOTE=Sweat-n-Grease;104360]I ordered the book a few moments ago.
Also, “Escape From Camp 14” has a Face Book page for those interested.[/QUOTE]
Shin was the first person born in one of those prisons to escape. There are other prisoners who have escaped that also tell horror stories of concentration camp like conditions.Sadly N. Korea like Darfur, Sudan and other horrible places they have no oil or other essential mineral so there is not a lot of need to bring them freedom/democracy. Eventually they’ll rise up within and if China stays out S.Korea will own those fools after a few hundred thousand deaths.

A mutant spawn, born out of the ashes of a horrific war and the tug of war between capitalism and communist.
There are other such mutants in the world.

Wonder who’s towing the SBX-1 over there?

That new “Blue Super Mighty Giant Servant Marlin”, or whatever it’s called, perhaps?

I wonder, anyone know if the dove is still in the GOM? Uncle Sam probably wishes they still had that contract.

SBX doesn’t need a tow, it has four azimuthing thrusters, can make ~8 kts under its own power. SBX only needs a tow in and out of ports that do not have the water depth to allow the thrusters to be lowered.

I believe the Dove was tied up on the north side of Halliburton this morning.

Saw the Dove at C Port 1 South dock last week.

I just heard my old ship, that I spent 3 years on in this area, has activated from ROS. Very little doubt that it is directly related the what’s happening now.

Ahhh…I miss the good ol’ days, when you could make fun of his old man on Mad TV…

//youtu.be/iiLS-AlfO30

SBX-1 movements unrelated to North Korea threats, Pentagon claims. Those warships on the other hand… http://gcaptain.com/pentagon-deploys-warships-as-north-korea-tensions-rise-but-denies-sbx-1-mobilization/

[QUOTE=coldduck;104367]Wonder who’s towing the SBX-1 over there?[/QUOTE]

I hear the Aiviq is free these days. Anyone know if they ever got their CoC back from the USCG so they could depart Seward?

I’ve been in North Korea, as posted in several threads. My last ship, before I retired from the US Merchant Marine, was the SS Prudhoe Bay, in 2002, we carried grain to a starving nation. What I witnessed was a starving country totally in the death vise of a of a criminal group, totally dependent upon it’s benefactor, Communist China, who, obviously, is not so commie these days.
Strange bed fellows ~

I had a friend who was sailing chief mate a few years ago on a grain carrier. He did a food-aid trip to the glorious People’s Republic and he said that they took the whole ship’s crew on a forced march, may have even been at gun point, I don’t remember the exact details, to see the captured American “spy vessel” that they have on display. He also said that as they were offloading the grain there were starving people outside the facility’s fence watching, mouths watering, as military officials shipped it off in trucks to rot somewhere, far away from the mouths and bellies of the people.

[QUOTE=PaddyWest2012;104386]I had a friend who was sailing chief mate a few years ago on a grain carrier. He did a food-aid trip to the glorious People’s Republic and he said that they took the whole ship’s crew on a forced march, may have even been at gun point, I don’t remember the exact details, to see the captured American “spy vessel” that they have on display. He also said that as they were offloading the grain there were starving people outside the facility’s fence watching, mouths watering, as military officials shipped it off in trucks to rot somewhere, far away from the mouths and bellies of the people.[/QUOTE]

Paddy, no one on my ship experienced that, but it was always on our minds. What a dichotomy, there was a Seaman’s Club on Nampo who served cold Heineken.
The only money accepted was US Dollars. The Commie Chinese seaman in port had to exchange their money for USA dollars, pissed them off but no one in NK wanted to counterfeit Chinese money.

[QUOTE=lm1883;104389]We went on the pueblo tour as well. I sailed
so much that year i had to file a waiver with the MMR. They got pissed when I asked if I could have credit for the day towards my reserve commitment.[/QUOTE]

What the hell are you talking about?