The g in gCaptain?

I’ve always wondered what the ‘g’ in gCaptain stood for. Anybody have an idea?

And for full disclosure, I’d previously PM’d John, who replied, but wouldn’t divulge the answer. So, the question is put up here…

I think it stands for ‘gangsta’

The gCaptain symbol ,an anchor, has a line …That line looks like a lower case g to me…

I remember a thread saying it stood for “global” or “gulf” Captains… something that starts with a “g” anyway

Girls…? …

I have to second Gansta’ Captain…

but in reality I always said Gulf. Everyone on here seems to be a GOM person in some way or another.

LOL. Well it’s a company secret but I will say Shellback is right about the logo and “Gulf Captain” isn’t even close.

And that’s all I have to say on the subject :cool:

Perhaps Google?

global, gout, goofy, gonorrhea, genuine, gastric?

[quote=john;9339]LOL. Well it’s a company secret but I will say Shellback is right about the logo and “Gulf Captain” isn’t even close.

And that’s all I have to say on the subject :cool:[/quote]

John, I don’t think they believed you…Maybe you are going to have to award the winner, a coveted g Captain T -shirt to set things straight…:cool::slight_smile: j/k

haha Mike already divulged the secret :X

I’ve also heard “great”, but that wouldn’t make much sense.

[QUOTE=Shawn;9414]haha Mike already divulged the secret :X[/QUOTE]

Mums the word, and let Mike know he’s fired :wink:

John told me once, but I forgot.

You forgot?? I beginning to worry about you…:slight_smile:

This is a place where we can all [B]g[/B]ossip. We all know how much us seafarers like to run our mouths.

I don’t think it stands for anything. I think it is derived from G-Mail…instead of Gmail it is Gcaptain. Google maps, google news, but google captain doesn’t sound right hence G Captain.

I think it should be changed to gg for [B]“GOOD GRIEF”.[/B]

[QUOTE=Jeffrox;9376]global, gout, goofy, gonorrhea, genuine, gastric?[/QUOTE]

Gansta was good but gout, now that’s awesome. GoutCaptain, yes!!

I believe it comes from an accounting term. I remember when I was doing a vessel inventory and came upon items on the inventory list that were labeled “g” items. When I asked the captain what these were he explained it to me with these examples: g I did not know we had that on board, or g I thought we had that on board. “g” as in gCaptain could be g I did not know that, or g I wish I knew the answer to this question.