The g in gCaptain?

gCaptain. Gee Captain do I have to wash the dishes?Gee captain do I have to needle gun my whole watch? Gee Captain… Do I have to?

The answer would always be yes. More work, all the time.

That would not be cool.

As the world leading maritime and offshore news website gCaptain is dedicated to building an interactive community of maritime professionals.

Through the use of social media tools gCaptain promotes user interaction, discussion and the sharing of both ideas and information. By bridging the communication [B][U]gap[/U][/B] between print and the end reader gCaptain fosters ideas that improve safety and increase efficiency aboard ships [B][U]globally[/U][/B]. Over the past few years, gCaptain.com has grown quickly to become the leading online destination of maritime professionals. The site currently welcomes over 500,000 unique visitors a month viewing over one million pages.

Despite this rapid pace of growth gCaptain remains focused in its commitment to the overall advancement of the commercial marine and offshore energy industries.

So my guess is GAP or GLOBAL

About gCaptain
The Story Behind The Site

As the world leading maritime and offshore news website gCaptain is dedicated to building an interactive community of maritime professionals.

It must be GLOBAL.

Don’t look now, but they just changed the logo - No more anchor sporting a “g” string.

The new logo is much simpler. Reminds me of a search engine beginning with the letter g.