Thank you PMI!

Howdy everyone!

I just got accepted to PMI’s workboat mate program- have to be in Seattle Monday:D

I’ve tried for years to get in- and am extremely excited!

I know nothing about tugs- but hopefully hard work, initiative and a positive attitude will get me up to speed quickly.

I wanted to publicly thank danzante (Jill) , Marja (a very nice lady) and anyone else at PMI- or elsewhere… who may gave helped…:slight_smile:

PMI practically bent over backwards to help me out- and I appreciate it.

I’m also blessed that I have someone to loan me money to get in- thank you Dan:)

Lastly- thank you to the dozens on here who have helped me via advice and encouragement. There are lots of you-You know who you are;)

Basically- I got lucky- and got in through the help of a lot of good people.

Not sure where I’m staying yet- but I will make it work.

I will try to keep everyone up to date. But not sure on computer access…

Thank you again everyone.

Anthony

Anthony - Congrats on the acceptance. I have a friend who is finishing up with the program and I am very impressed with PMI from what I have seen from him. I would tell you good luck, but you do not need it. Again - Job well done!

Brian

Thats great news, Anthony! Congratulations…

Congratulations Anthony,
What a beautiful place to live.

Anthony,

Congragulations. Good job. I’m very happy for you.

Thanks everyone.

SWO- thanks- hope you get a good gig:)- and fast

10- Seattle is beautiful- and it NEVER rains.:wink: But- It and Honolulu are my favorite big US cities.

Brian- I’ve been very impressed with what I’ve seen of PMI- both the facility and the people. Everyone I’ve met from there is a good person- and loves what they do. I think those are important qualities in anyone- and especially teachers.

I definitely appreciate the “good luck” too. I know that a tug is a dangerous place. I’m a little nervous- so will take all the good luck I can get.

Apologies if I don’t write back soon everyone- I just learned I was accepted- gotta pack, find a place to stay, and make sure my properties here are in order. Leaving tomorrow night- so will be busy.

Smooth sailing everyone:) Anthony

Congratulations, Anthony! You are off to a great start!

Thank you much Water:)

Forgot to say- I will be working tugs for Harley in San Francisco (Alameda) and would like to thank them for giving me a chance. I spoke with their Director of Marine Operations today- and was pretty impressed- he seemed like an intelligent,honest, and caring person.:slight_smile:

Thats awesome for you!! Good Luck with everything, I hope you do well. How long is the program? I start mine next fall. I think the place to be for entry level people right now is in school.

I’ll be doing cruises to Alaska out of Seattle on the Norwegian Star starting in May, if you have the time and want a tour to compare it to POA let me know. Congrats again.

Thanks- program is 2 years. If you can afford school- then yes- I agree with you. I wish I had gotten in 2 years ago:) You can never have too much training or too many licenses.

I’d love to check out the Star- and you should come into PMI. It’s not too far from pier 66…

Not sure how much time I’ll have- I’m planning on working at the hostel in exchange for free rent- and maybe a little pocket money.

Have a safe and enjoyable rotation with NCL:)

Anthony

Great News Anthony, Bravo Zulu!!!

When you get down to the Bay, we’ll have to get together with trekleader and tip a few cold ones…Looks like we will be neighbors…

Congratulations on your success!
You are a great example of the truth that hard work and persistance pay off!

I hope you have internet access,if not your participation on this board will be greatly missed.

Good luck on your adventure,you will be a fine Mate…

Thank you both :slight_smile:

Shellback- what does Bravo Zulu mean? Navy term?

Capt Leigh- thanks- I’m definitely green- but I know that if you work your butt off, stay positive and polite, and keep going no matter what- you’ll eventually succeed :slight_smile:

Gotta go- catching a bus to the Denver airport so I can go annoy, I mean learn from, Doug and Jill;)

Take care-Anthony

[quote=Ordinaryseaman;28418]Thank you both :slight_smile:

Shellback- what does Bravo Zulu mean? Navy term?

[/quote]

[B]Where does the term
"Bravo Zulu" originate?[/B]
The term originates from the Allied Signals Book (ATP 1), which in the aggregate is for official use only. Signals are sent as letters and/or numbers, which have meanings by themselves sometimes or in certain combinations. A single table in ATP 1 is called “governing groups,” that is, the entire signal that follows the governing group is to be performed according to the “governor.” The letter “B” indicates this table, and the second letter (A through Z) gives more specific information. For example, “BA” might mean "You have permission to . . . (do whatever the rest of the flashing light, flag hoist or radio transmission says) “BZ” happens to be the last item in the governing groups table. It means “well done”.

Well done!!

Anthony, mucho grats. Best of luck!

Never used ATP 1 w/flashing light. Plenty of flags, though.

[quote=Ordinaryseaman;28321]Howdy everyone!

I just got accepted to PMI’s workboat mate program- have to be in Seattle Monday:D

[/quote]

I haven’t been around very long and don’t know you very well but from the sheer volume of useful posts and information you have passed on I’d say you deserve this great opportunity. Hope you are able to touch base here at least once in a while as you write well and usually have something interesting to say. Best Wishes - Lilith

I am really pleased for you. I have only heard good things about the program. And I love Seattle. In fact I will be there in a couple of months. I just left the Bay area and saw the Tugs you will be working. They were a good bunch of guys.

Good luck, though you won’t need it.

Hey Anthony, that is awesome! Congrats and smooth sailing!

[QUOTE=Ordinaryseaman;28321]Howdy everyone!

I know nothing about tugs- but hopefully hard work, initiative and a positive attitude will get me up to speed quickly.

I wanted to publicly thank danzante (Jill) , Marja (a very nice lady) and anyone else at PMI- or elsewhere… who may gave helped…:slight_smile:

PMI practically bent over backwards to help me out- and I appreciate it.

I’m also blessed that I have someone to loan me money to get in- thank you Dan:)

Lastly- thank you to the dozens on here who have helped me via advice and encouragement. There are lots of you-You know who you are;)

Basically- I got lucky- and got in through the help of a lot of good people.

Not sure where I’m staying yet- but I will make it work.

I will try to keep everyone up to date. But not sure on computer access…

Thank you again everyone.

Anthony[/QUOTE]

Anthony, you are exactly the type of mariner that we all want to see succeed in this industry. You are always looking out for folks on this forum, which means you will be a great shipmate, and you are always finding practical information to study and share here, which means you will be a great mate.

Congratulations and no need to thank me, you earned your billet!

Congratulations and good luck!!!