Tankerman DL Certificate

I need a little advice…

Last year I took a Tankerman DL course…I have the certificate but I haven’t worked in that sector, so I have no loads or discharges…It’s coming up on a year and I hate to let it expire but if I submit it, what good will it do me? can it go on my STCW somehow and benefit me later?

i thought that by taking the class it allowed you to have a “tankerman ast.” put on your stcw, but im not sure, i took the class while at suny and dont have it on my stcw. I then got my tankerman barge pic and that is only on my z-card, not on my stcw

[I][quote=Shellback;20569]…It’s coming up on a year and I hate to let it expire but if I submit it, what good will it do me? can it go on my STCW somehow and benefit me later?[/quote][/I]

Tankerman courses are valid for [B]five[/B] years, see 46 CFR 13.209, 13.309, 13.409, and 13.509.

Don’t bother applying for a tankerman endorsement knowing you lack service and transfers. Our STCW requirements are the same as the PIC endorsement, if you don’t qualify for one you won’t get the other.

Thanks again JD…I feel kinda stupid now…

I’ve always got my nose stuck in the CFR’s and for some reason drew a blank on this one…