Tankerman Asst to PIC

So… I have Tankerman Assist (DL) and a letter from a shipping company, signed on letterhead and with the signature of the master of the vessel (600 foot 50,000 DWT oil tanker) which details all my loads and discharges while there…About 10 loads and 10 discharges including at least 5 each of commencement and finishes.

How long do I have to submit that letter for Tankerman PIC (DL)? Is it 5 years from the date of the letter or from the date of the last load and/or discharge?

I also know I have to take a Tankerman PIC course as well… But I am worried about the loads/discharges… is there some need for recency?

My advice is to get off the tankers and get a better paying job. I worked on them for 10 years and some are better than others but in general the money wasn’t there. You have all the responsibility and lowest pay rate to show for it. Some of the people I worked with radiated misery from every pore in their bodies too. There were some exceptions (hence the 10 years).

[QUOTE=Too bad steam is gone;103956]My advice is to get off the tankers and get a better paying job. I worked on them for 10 years and some are better than others but in general the money wasn’t there. You have all the responsibility and lowest pay rate to show for it. Some of the people I worked with radiated misery from every pore in their bodies too. There were some exceptions (hence the 10 years).[/QUOTE]

I hear ya on the tanker thing…But I want to have as many options open to me as possible…

I am looking at using the Tankerman PIC to try and break into working on-board ATB’s…

Contact Bouchard if you’re interested in working on ATB’s. Crazy stuff goes on there daily but the tankerman pay is one of the highest, the barges are built well and they are manned so you don’t get stuck being a part-time deckhand, part-time tankerman.

So… Are my Loads & Discharges “good to go”??? Is there some recency requierment for the PIC endosement or anything else?

Hii.Im planning to start a career at sea.I have applied for my twic card and will be applying for my z card soon.I would greatly appreciate any advice on whether the workboat program train inexperienced deckhand and if so how long is the course and how much does it cost?.Thanks

Call the NMC tomorrow and see what they say. Then call again the next day and see if you get the same answer. On the off chance that you do, you can assume that it is reliable information.

Also

http://cfr.regstoday.com/46cfr13.aspx

46 CFR 13.123 -Receny.

2 of the required transfers must be within 5 years; 25% of the required service (90 days total) also within 5 years. Same with the DL course.

Good luck man I have the same exact plan i just need to get my loads and discharges. I’m trying to apply with OSG or Moran when I get it. Hope the best and good luck bro.