Sydney’s coldest day for 25 years expected

Yes, we tough Aussies can survive such frigid weather. I described my weather as “freezing” in Perth on the west coast and was grizzling about a day or so ago when the temperature ranged from 8-16C. We sheltered in place as this was 3 below average. I actually ventured outside to greet the poor postman well rugged against the elements. We pity the poor sods in Sydney.

Because there aren’t “thermometers all over the globe”. Not many in the newly named Southern Ocean for instance. So the “scientists” do their trick of guessing what the temperature was in vast areas and “homogenise” what temperatures they actually measure.

In the case cited above of Rutherglen, they arbitrarily increased the official temperatures actually measured on accurate and well located thermometers because temperatures at other locations in the region were higher. They do this for all the areas in between thermometers. In Australia that could be 500 km. In the oceans, who knows? So right there is where the “theoretical” gets inserted. Actual, real temperatures measured accurately are “theoretically” altered by a human guess (done “scientifically” of course as all such human guesses are) to temperatures that are then fed into the national data and then the world data. Those temperatures never existed in the real world. They were theoretical.

The amalgamation of all those temperatures is thus a “theoretical calculation”.

The result is a theoretical calculation and produces a temperature that actually exists nowhere, magically accurate to a number of decimals cited as the Earth’s temperature and all the eco-zealots stress at the horror of this year’s figure being 0.06C different to last year’s magical figure. Nobody lives where this temperature is. It’s theoretical. Made up by lots of guesses confected into “science”.

But you knew that.

Some of the weather data comes from ships. :slight_smile:

Well, not every Expat in Singapore spend their time like that. Here is an exception:

I don’t recall ever having Anchor in Singapore (as opposed to Anchor Steam in San Francisco). I may well have. I DO recall Tiger Beer, though; and never liked it. . . didn’t mean that I didn’t drink it, though.

Anchor Beer is a Pilsner type, brewed to original German standard still. (I.e. no added chemicals, artificial colouring, preservatives, or taste enhancer)

1 Like

The issue with climate change is how much do greenhouse gasses affect the global temperature. http://oceanweatherservices.com/blog/2019/01/29/what-is-the-greenhouse-effect/

1 Like

Maybe something good can come out of this cold spell in Oz:

1 Like

Yes. I concur. But in a different way.

Cold spells kill off global warming alarmism … if only temporarily. The alarmists shut up in winter here when their cries of, “We’re all gonna fry” don’t raise the necessary interest or panic.

Sadly, it’s the northern hemisphere that needs to change its mind more than the southern. Perhaps a nice cold summer will start the process.

Anyway, I just watched a video of Professor Will Happer, an expert on the mechanisms of heat transfer in the atmosphere (ie how the world is meant to fry) and a highly accomplished academic. I suggest you watch it and see if he changes your mind. Let me know. I didn’t think I had time to watch the whole thing but got glued on after only a few minutes as he put the science in terms easy enough to understand.

The red gadget in his hand measures CO2. He makes comparisons of readings he took at various public places at this university. Quite a range.

Again; Cold spells are LOCAL and WEATHER. Global worming is GLOBAL and CLIMATE.

1 Like

All that is well explained by Professor Happer. You haven’t watched the video, have you?

No, not the entire video, which is 55 m. long, (You poster 4 min. before my reply)

Believe it or not, we all live in local areas and understand what weather is, but weather is related to climate … and it’s colder this year, go figure. Nobody lives in any global climate. It might be a scientific curiosity, but nobody feels it. Alarmists love reporting record hot days, not early skiable snowfalls in the Alps.

Will Happer explains the benefits of increased CO2 and warming but you have to watch.

Perhaps “Global worming” will clean out the intestines of the climate system.

Just look at who funds the ex physicist claiming to know about climate science to figure this charlatan out. He’s one of those “east coast elites from liberal universitiy” that retired and figured out how to con the gullible while taking money from the wealthy. Gotta admire him in a way

2 Likes

So you didn’t watch the video either? Afraid it might change your mind?

Not much chance of that for anybody with half a mind.
Those who fall for such thing probably believe that the earth is flat and that QAnon is real.

I would never suggest tengineer1 has ‘half a mind’.

If that’s what you think of one of America’s most accomplished physicists, at the very leading edge of the mechanisms involved in the transfer of radiation (ie heat) through the atmosphere, and of unimpeachable integrity, internationally famous for his work and discoveries, then you are beyond sympathy.

Stick to your zealously held convictions and don’t you dare watch that video. Your multiple qualifications and hundreds of relevant peer reviewed scientific papers entitle you to disregard actual science explained in mere layman’s terms in some video by a bloke who knows more about climate science than the entirety of the world’s alarmist eco-zealots. Stay smugly unaware of the facts. Your conscience will be clear.

Neither did I. I don’t think he fell for the theories put forward by Prof. Happer.
(Or believe that the earth is flat, nor in QAnon)

How would you know? You won’t watch his video. You’re frightened.

Comment from Facebook: