Super Yachts

Sounds like Aldi?

was in Italy, expanded to India then Brazil
Confectionary

1 Like

The people that are best avoided are some that work for the super rich. Had one white shoe, gold chained, obnoxious fellow who managed to create enemies faster than Putin.
It didn’t matter wether it was contractors, subordinates, authorities they were all equally pissed off.

Perfectly describes the wife of an owner I worked for.

Kaos left from Ålesund yesterday, heading to Gibraltar and beyond.

Mogambo with her yacht support vessel Power Play returned to Ålesund last night, after a daytrip to Geiranger and Tafjord:

Today they are alongside at the Cruise Terminal, with the AIDAperla keeping a watch eye over them:

PS> What to do when your yacht is too small to have a helideck and hangar for your Delfin helicopter?
Bring it on your yacht support vessel of course.

Update:
Adult supervision ended at 14:00 hrs. AIDAperla had to leave to reach Stavanger tomorrow morning:

Power Play is getting some tender loving care from the bunker tanker Kystbunkers

Money don’t buy everything everywhere:

1 Like

Noticed the flag she is flying??

1 Like

MONSTER BOAT: The luxury yacht “Al Lusail” owned by Qatar’s head of state was at the quay in Kristiansand on Sunday night.
Photo: Rodrigo Freitas / VG

The yacht of the Emir of Qatar is over 120 meters long. The vessel docked at Lyngøya at the entrance to Kristiansand on Sunday morning. The size gives a certain impression of looking at the yacht towards the ship in the background.
Photo: Rodrigo Freitas / VG

She left Kristiansand this afternoon: (No AIS)

Now I have a company yacht account with Burgess yacht what’s the benefit if useful?

If it’s gray stay away:

“Norn” in Bøvågen near Karmøy on Sunday evening. Delivered from shipyard in Germany this month. Must be the first long trip she’s on.
Photo: Arild B via NSF

That’s one seriously ugly yacht. Look at that hard chine at the bow. Wonder if it slams like a MF in a head sea.

She is lying in Kiel near the Norway ferry terminal as of this afternoon.

Agree on the ugly part but the chine doesn’t appear to be deep enough to slam in a head sea. In any case, I have no doubt those lines were CADs so I would be reluctant to challenge the soundness of their design.
I raced one of the pioneer sailboat hull designed by a couple of computer geeks (https://www.reichel-pugh.com) who weren’t sailors and we cleaned up until the rest of the racers caught on so who’s to say.

That chine is about 60-80 cm and horizontal flat. Seen it from 3 meters away. It’ll slam like a MF.

They’ll get tired of it after about 3 seasons and change it.

Just sayin‘

For those that like ship and yacht photos see www.drduu.de

He is a local down by Bremen who does a lot of good photos and drone work for the local news here in North Germany.

Sail yacht Sea Eagle is in Ålesund. (from smp.no):

“Sea Eagle”, the world’s largest sailing yacht built in aluminium.

She took a little trip to sea today:

“Sea Eagle” on her way out from Ålesund on Wednesday afternoon.
PHOTOS: STAALE WATTØ
She got back this evening:

1 Like

Superyacht Sea Eagle (12 pax) together with Expedition Cruise ship World Voyager (200 pax) sharing the finger pier at the Cruise center in Ålesund today:

https://www.nicko-cruises.de/en/fleet/world-voyager

Maybe not Super Yacht by size, but by distance covered from home:

Long-distance guest on the Norwegian coast. “Pegasus” from Dunedin, New Zealand.
Photo: Asimut via NSF

I can’t find anything about this yacht, but she does not look like a mass produced standard yacht. (??)

1 Like

If she was built in New Zealand, likely not. There are a lot of good custom boat builders there though. That one has nice lines besides the pilot house, but I’ll take comfort over beauty anyday.

A bit of “Colin Archer”-style over that one.
Here is another replica, built in Norway in 1988:

This one has hull made by Ferrocement:

Original Collin Archer Rescue cutter, built 1920:

If your Super yacht can’t carry all the toys you need to enjoy your time on the water don’t despire. Damen has the thing for you:

Jeff Bezos Damen Yacht Support 7512 ABEONA spotted in Fort Lauderdale She was known as project WINGMAN The 1,900 tons vessel has an estimated value of $75 million She will act as a shadow vessel for Bezos’ sailing yacht KORU. Photo: Cor Vermeer (c)