STCW95 Los Angeles

Searched the threads and google without a definite answer, but is anyone aware of basic safety training courses in the Los Angeles / Long Beach area? Almost sure the answer is no, but thought I’d throw it out there in case there is a hidden gem somewhere.

[QUOTE=SailorD;121701]Searched the threads and google without a definite answer, but is anyone aware of basic safety training courses in the Los Angeles / Long Beach area? Almost sure the answer is no, but thought I’d throw it out there in case there is a hidden gem somewhere.[/QUOTE]

The only BST class in the LA/LB area is at El Camino College in the Torrance area. At least they used to have it there. I talked to them back in august regarding signing up for advanced firefighting, and they couldn’t commit to when they would have a class because of acquiring the permits for smoke emissions or something or other. That could affect the firefighting part of the BST maybe??

You can do BST on the navy base in san diego with MSC for a real fair price. Also TRL in san diego offers it. Both really good schools in my opinion.

Thank you very much I’ll look into those options.

Maritime Institute out of San Diego offers a few of these classes sometimes at satellite locations. I’ve taken Maritime Institute classes in San Pedro before. Check their website. Good luck.

[QUOTE=SailorD;121710]Thank you very much I’ll look into those options.[/QUOTE]

Check out TRL Training Resources, Limited
In San Diego they have almost all classed all the time