Stcw

I live in Guam and was wondering if anyone can tell me where the nearest training center is? It will be a lot of trouble to get-airfare, hotel, time off etc. but I think it will open some doors.

What do you guys think?

Look on the USCG National Maritime Center website on the list of approved courses and schools. I’m thinking Hawaii (just a guess) or Seattle because no foreign courses (that I know of) are approved in the US.

[QUOTE=Gerald Perry;49093]I live in Guam and was wondering if anyone can tell me where the nearest training center is? It will be a lot of trouble to get-airfare, hotel, time off etc. but I think it will open some doors.

What do you guys think?[/QUOTE]

You’re probably going to have to go to the mainland. There is one school with Coast Guard approved courses in Guam, but they don’t have any STCW courses (or didn’t when I left NMC in July '09). I’m also not aware of any offering STCW in Hawaii. Check the NMC web page in a location search, and then contact the schools it shows giving courses in Guam and/or Hawaii and see if they have what you need.

maritime license center
707 alakea st. Suite 314
honolulu, hi 96813

808-589-0123

Say hi to Cpt Carl and Chuck for me!

[QUOTE=Rocket187um;49116]maritime license center
707 alakea st. Suite 314
honolulu, hi 96813

808-589-0123

Say hi to Cpt Carl and Chuck for me![/QUOTE]

Thanks! Cpt Carl and Chuck! will do!