Starting out

I’ve been on crewboats in the gulf the last 4 years. I now have an AB special and my 100 ton near coastal with my 200 ton upgrade. Where can I start at?? And what if I would like to go overseas?

What do you mean “where can you start?” No one even knows what you’re doing currently or what you’re trying to do.

[QUOTE=ryanwood86;86343]What do you mean “where can you start?” No one even knows what you’re doing currently or what you’re trying to do.[/QUOTE]

You know I read this boob’s post thinking the same thing but thought I’d wait to see if someone worthy would step up to seize the pointy stick in my stead?

I just want to say to you young ward…Good job lad!..but we mustn’t let our guard down. Putzes lurk behind every bush and are liable to spring out at you when you least expect it. Always stay alert which means get plenty of sleep and drink your Ovaltine old chum!

Someday when I am withered into a ugly little prune of a man I know that this forum will be in fine and capable hands of the next generation of wissasses!

Sounds like this fella needs to be an AB on larger vessels to get a bigger license. If he’s been working on crew boats and doesn’t have any idea what his 100/200 ton license is good for there is no hope for him.

[QUOTE=Fraqrat;86352]Sounds like this fella needs to be an AB on larger vessels to get a bigger license. If he’s been working on crew boats and doesn’t have any idea what his 100/200 ton license is good for there is no hope for him.[/QUOTE]

No need to go be an AB to get a bigger license. Just take the classes and pass the test as long as you have 2 years on your license; over 50 tons, 500 Master; if over 100 tons, 1600 Master.

Even easier than I thought. This guys gonna be making a $1,000 a day before he knows it.

Don’t forget the DP training and certification…a must.

He could start by relieving me for 2 weeks up here in Cook Inlet…