So me thinks we be headed to action in Syria soon

[QUOTE=c.captain;118647]This is just great. Back 10 years ago when there was a nation in the Middle East which WAS NOT A THREAT to regional stability, everybody and their brother was beating drums saying “Let’s go kill that EMMEFFER Saddam” and spent almost $1 trillion dollars we didn’t have then but now in 2013 when a civil war is raging in the midst of the region with the possibility of an extremist Islamic takeover of Syria or a bloodbath of civilians everyone is saying “Not our problem and let them deal with it”. Since stability of the Middle East effects the economies of the rest of the planet, I would say that now is the time to use our mega military to make damned ass sure that we get a government in Syria which will be friendly to the US, Europe, Turkey, the Arab league and Israel. The last thing we need is a junta in power there which is butt buddies with Iran…Assad is a criminal who cannot stay in power now so there will be new leaders in Syria and I say we DAMNED WELL BETTER BE SURE THEY ARE THE LEADERS WE WANT THERE and not terrorists.

I also say that we need to make DAMNED ASS SURE that Vladimir Putin is knocked back a peg or two. That EMMEFFER is on a mega powertrip and something has got to be done to make sure he doesn’t get anymore! He is rapidly succeeding in bringing back the Cold War and he is using Syria and that little pipsqueak Snowden against us at every step![/QUOTE]
Yes making the changes would be good, but since we haven’t done it successfully in a region that hates us, it doesn’t look like we can change Syria. Hell even somalia beat us. Nuke the whole damn works, go all in and be done with it. No more money left to fight the loosing fights. We have paid a huge price for nothing so far, at least we can get peace if there are no haters left to hate. This elimination view is the same view as the enemy. We won’t do anything like this until they hit us in our homeland with a nuke, you can be sure that is their plan.

[QUOTE=Bayrunner;118643]You are 100% correct. Let the corrupt, impotent UN take care of this problem.[/QUOTE]

as members of the UN, how are we going to prevent even a single member of the american armed forces from involuntary service on a UN peace keeping/peace enforcing mission where they are more likely to get kidnapped, tortured, and killed as they are to come home safely. we are unwilling to break free from the UN, so this is a real possibility. and even if the UN doesn’t do it, they might authorize NATO to get it done, which we will absolutely participate in (which i completely disagree with in any way, shape, or form).

The UN isn’t the answer b/c we are still part of the UN and one the 5 permanent members of the UN Security Council. If the UN does get involved, I’m sure the security council will take part in that decision.

And unless the US has made a recent big down payment on its debt to the UN we owe nearly a billion dollars for peacekeeping missions alone…

FUCKING CHRIST! Man am I ever sorry to have started this thread! I only was posing a question about what maritime assets might be mobilized if the US acts but WWIII is now well underway here. What a sorry assed bunch!

FUCK IT! Let’s just nuke everybody except Australia (because we don’t want to hurt no Kangaroos)

BOOM!

we will use the same old shit, and spend money up the ass, and gain nothing…again.

[QUOTE=c.captain;118658]FUCKING CHRIST! Man am I ever sorry to have started this thread! I only was posing a question about what maritime assets might be mobilized if the US acts but WWIII is now well underway here. What a sorry assed bunch!

FUCK IT! Let’s just nuke everybody except Australia (because we don’t want to hurt no Kangaroos)

BOOM![/QUOTE]

we don’t need or want anymore wars. honestly, if a bit of a contraction in the US deep seas fleet is the price we pay for not having WWIII, let alone any further middle east shenannigans that cost lives and boatloads of cash, then so be it. it’ll be worth it for the good of the economy.

i’ve certainly been gainfully employed as LDO on ships headed to and from Middle East for last 10yrs making plenty of money and really never having any trouble finding full contract deep seas wages.
i am grateful for that, but don’t want more US interventions just so I can be employed.

Ccapt, if you are as salty as you claim then you have been everywhere and know that Ostrich tastes better than Roo, So, no nukes south of say Victoria Falls. You can have the hoppers and i’ll take the flightless dumb birds on my grill.

i think you’re thread was well intentioned and timely, just maybe not to the crowd you were hoping for.

was squidbilly not here to jump on your tankwagon?

Don’t have the answer but think its ironic that some would say use a weapon of mass destruction because somebody else used a weapon of mass destruction . Also think it is a U.N. issue so need to wait for the inspectors to give the final report then the world needs to say in one voice NO to this , not just the U.S. otherwise the U.N. will lose what’s left of the power it once had. Obama needs to do what he has said in the past and not just enter into something that you don’t have an exit plan. All that said the use of chemical weapons cannot be un punished, hope the U.N. does the right thing but doubt it.

[QUOTE=Signal Red;118682]Don’t have the answer but think its ironic that some would say use a weapon of mass destruction because somebody else used a weapon of mass destruction .[/QUOTE]

That’s funny in a sad, twisted sort of way.

And to C.Capts original question - I don’t think this latest mess will have any impact on US commercial shipping. Worst thing I see coming is a UN sanctioned air strike against Syrian weapon sites.

No troops on the ground, so no need for logistic material deliveries.

After reading today’s paper it sounds like we are telling everyone in the world what’s going to happen short of exact time. We will drop a few missiles on empty warehouses to show what bad asses we are. The UN justifies their existence and a month later the political merry-go-round starts all over. Yawn…

We have a piss-poor track record of foreign interference. We generally tend to back tyrants and dictators as long as they comply with us (with the help of buckets of money) And how well does that end? Look to Egypt for the most recent example. Mubarak was our man for three decades…meanwhile Egyptians lived under quasi-martial law and brutal repression which culminated in his overthrow…and now Morsi is out…and the beat goes on.

[QUOTE=Bayrunner;118651]Maybe if we didnt have such a pathetically weak leader these other countries would respect us a little more. Putin and the others see obama for what he is. Incompetent.

I bet you were against the war in Iraq c.capt, went you? But you are for this one… Its funny how the liberals are for war when a democrat wants to get involved in one.

The possibility of getting a govt in Syria as an ally to the US is virtually nil. Potentially starting a world war over Syria is a grave mistake.[/QUOTE]

I don’t see the Russians sitting back and watching their ally get plonked and not retaliate. Obama is weak and Putin knows it. It is my opinion this administration has no real plan except to fire a few missiles so Barry can save face after issuing his “red line”.

Frankly, President Jarrett, Barry, Biden, Hagel etc do not give me the warm and fuzzies when it comes to military action.

And certain pet chimp president once upon a time was reading “My Pet Goat” while NSC briefings were screaming terror attack imminent and then the real president at the time (the guy with the twisted lip) launched us into an unnecessary war of choice against a country which was threatening us with hideous “weapons of mass destruction” which included crack pipes and lemon frosted cake. A war that was supposed to be over in a month and cost $6B. A war which the UN and almost all other nations in the world condemned. An absolute tragedy for our nation to have fallen for such lies and propaganda. Worse was the performance of ALL those who led the debacle. Anyone who had sanity was summarily executed for speaking against the warhawks. Shinseki…dead! Garner…dead! Neidermeyer…dead! It took 9 years and almost a trillion bucks to get us out of that one and it was the man we have now that did it.

You know that one degraded into a ghastly bloody civil war which we fostered and only by eventually realizing that the side we thought were not our friends (the Sunnis) was the side that could end the bloodbath did that civil war subside (although it ain’t over by any means). One of the very worse mistakes of so many that were made was when Cheney fired Garner and replaced him with Bremmer who disbanded the Iraqi Army because it was lead mainly by Sunnis some of which were (gasp) Baathists! Garner was negotiating with the Army to stay intact and to keep chaos from seizing the country but Dickie and Rummy knew better and how much did that cost us? Billions upon billions and thousands of US troops and hundreds of thousands of Iraqis! Both Iraq and Afgansistan to a lesser degree are wars which our fearless leaders set up to be drawn out protracted FAILURES because making a war very long and aways fraught with perils means shiploads of money to the DoD, CIA, NSA, & DHS budgets and contracts for mega defense contractors and payoffs to corrupt foreign leaders and warlords and foreign rebuilding contracts where the money just magically vaporizes into the ether never to be seen by the US citizen ever again. POOF another megayacht is launched…SIMPLY AMAZING HOW THAT HAPPENS! Why it’s prestidigitation I say!

I suggest you be very careful who you try to throw shit at when it comes to taking “military action” to further the interests of the USA.

And for all those who are going to piss on me right now for being “political” here. I didn’t start this to be a political thread but it became one all the same and I am not going to sit by while a dogpile of howling voices denounces the present administration’s motives, aims, abilities or competency. Let it be remembered when a great Democratic president once said:

We have wished to avoid shooting. But the shooting has started. And history has recorded who fired the first shot. In the long run, however, all that will matter is who fired the last shot.

[QUOTE=c.captain;118725]And certain pet chimp president once upon a time was reading “My Pet Goat” while NSC briefings were screaming terror attack imminent and then the real president at the time (the guy with the twisted lip) launched us into an unnecessary war of choice against a country which was threatening us with hideous “weapons of mass destruction” which included crack pipes and lemon frosted cake. A war that was supposed to be over in a month and cost $6B. A war which the UN and almost all other nations in the world condemned. An absolute tragedy for our nation to have fallen for such lies and propaganda. Worse was the performance of ALL those who led the debacle. Anyone who had sanity was summarily executed for speaking against the warhawks. Shinseki…dead! Garner…dead! Neidermeyer…dead! It took 9 years and almost a trillion bucks to get us out of that one and it was the man we have now that did it.

You know that one degraded into a ghastly bloody civil war which we fostered and only by eventually realizing that the side we thought were not our friends (the Sunnis) was the side that could end the bloodbath did that civil war subside (although it ain’t over by any means). One of the very worse mistakes of so many that were made was when Cheney fired Garner and replaced him with Bremmer who disbanded the Iraqi Army because it was lead mainly by Sunnis some of which were (gasp) Baathists! Garner was negotiating with the Army to stay intact and to keep chaos from seizing the country but Dickie and Rummy knew better and how much did that cost us? Billions upon billions and thousands of US troops and hundreds of thousands of Iraqis![/QUOTE]

It’s August 2013, Bush has been out of office nearly five years now.

[QUOTE=c.captain;118725]I suggest you be very careful who you try to throw shit at when it comes to taking “military action” to further the interests of the USA.[/QUOTE]

Or what, you’ll throw another hissy fit?

[QUOTE=c.captain;118725]And for all those who are going to piss on me right now for being “political” here. I didn’t start this to be a political thread but it became one all the same and I am not going to sit by while a dogpile of howling voices denounces the present administration’s motives, aims, abilities or competency.[/QUOTE]

Bwahahahahaha! Embrace the incompetence!

But hey, look on the positive side. Once Barry acts stupidly on this Syrian situation and the Russians or the Iranians or maybe even China retaliates, you just might get that massive sealift you seem to desire.

O don’t talk bad about his dear leader, he voted for him twice! This was obviously going to turn political!

[QUOTE=capnfab;118747]Bwahahahahaha! Embrace the incompetence![/QUOTE]

incompetence you say?

history my friend endures forever…and the years erase or forgive nothing!

Bwa FUCKING Ha…SIR!

[QUOTE=Lone_Star;118748]O don’t talk bad about his dear leader, he voted for him twice! This was obviously going to turn political![/QUOTE]

What do you mean “going to turn political”? It most certainly already has and I for once am not going to say cease and desist, because I was not the one to fire the first salvo in this one! Let’s just play our hands and see who has the better cards! My cards are all in the History suit and a straight flush…

whatta you got?

How long have we been out of Iraq?

and President Clinton left office with the Federal budget in SURPLUS! Nice how his successor Dick Cheney was able to keep that going…

I’ll stick with words from the elephant’s mouth. In a meeting with the Secretary of the Treasury in 2002, Vice President Dick Cheney was warned that the extreme budget deficits of that time were threatening the economy. According to former Treasury Secretary Paul O’Neill, Cheney told him that “Reagan proved deficits don’t matter.” He continued by saying, “We won the midterms [congressional elections]. This is our due.”

as I said before…my hand is a straight flush in the history suit. I don’t think you got SHIT in your hand!

SIR!

That does not say much for Obama’s spending habits when we have been short one war cash cow for several years!

Quit spinning the table and changing the subject. Were talking about Obama here, and he does not relate good to Clinton, Bush, Reagan or anyone else for that matter in regards to federal spending!

I don’t know what kind of strait flush you got, but mines all royal.

Congress passes the Federal budget…they alone hold the power to tax and spend not the Administration

Quit spinning the table and changing the subject. Were talking about Obama here, and he does not relate good to Clinton, Bush, Reagan or anyone else for that matter in regards to federal spending!

Not at all! Everyone is whining about how all our previous wars have cost us too much and produced too little to justify our taking action in Syria now. I am only too happy to show how that has happened by a thoroughly corrupt and incompetent Republican Administration for 8 years starting in 2001. Besides, you have nothing to stand on to declare Obama incompetent as the CinC. He did something that the Chimp failed (or decided not) to do and that was kill Bin Laden. I agree not the most amazing feat in the history of Presidents but show me an equal success under President Cheney? We had a war of choice started in Iraq turn into a bloody quagmire which went on so long that the American people howled ENOUGH! Gotta think that had a bit to do with the Democrats regaining the White House and guess what? We are out, but without Dick Cheney’s grand vision for a US controlled empire in the Middle East with permanent US military presence so for all that money wasted we ended up with SQUAT except a hideous PERMANENT DEBT for the debacle because the Cheney/Bush Administration didn’t ask the public to pay for that war as we went mainly because they knew the people would have said FUCK YOU if you want to raise taxes on us so instead they suckered the money from foreign governments who now hold our BALLS in a vice and will forever. Nice place to be…don’t you agree?

I could go dance day and night if you’d like to?

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

1 Like

[QUOTE=Bayrunner;118755]Liberalism is a mental disorder.[/QUOTE]

That is such an intelligent statement! Do you have a master’s degree in being smart?

Btw, being such a genius you must also have great debating skills and grasp of discourse…I guess you are too shy and retiring to actually use your tremendous innate abilities.

anyway, I am not going to descend to this…I will argue and debate but I don’t crawl into a gutter to throw shit calling each other “poopyhead” names. If you’ve shot your wad here then I for one am very happy with the outcome. Thanks for an easy victory.