Should Kings Point be shut-down or not

We have had a lot of chat about the US Merchant Marine Academy, I want to start a simple thread, namely this, keep the US Merchant Marine Academy or not. A few of my classmates will be interested in your vote, as will I. A short yes or no, if you please. Kindly vote …

I have deleted all my pictures in my profile, neither all the grand old pictures of my ships during a full Sea Year as a Kings Point Cadet, nor the decades which followed my graduation from Kings Point, are shown. My US Navy pictures are wiped-out also. There is a reason for this.

It might help if the question was a simple “Should KP be shut down?” Yes or No

I’m sorry ma’am, but I’m going to sit out this merry dance while I put up my tired dogs on my desk and get that bottle of old Rye out of the drawer…although before I pour myself a shot of that rotgut, I do have this just in which I need to share…

Secret undercover footage just obtained of KP cadets in marching practice for an upcoming visit by a high ranking MarAd offical

//youtu.be/25Qhbdijv5Y

Yes, the unbelievable has finally happened! I am just plum worn out with endlessly poking at KP with my pointy stick and only want peace and quiet as I rest my aching little brain after a very long and noisy squawk!

[QUOTE=Steamer;64885]It might help if the question was a simple “Should KP be shut down?” Yes or No[/QUOTE]

Steamer, ya might consider having your eyes checked-out.

My eyes are just fine. Should KP be shut down or not? Yes, it should not be might be one answer, no it should not be is another as is yes, it should be shut down.

When you want discreet answers, don’t ask ambiguous questions.

[QUOTE=Steamer;64942]My eyes are just fine. Should KP be shut down or not? Yes, it should not be might be one answer, no it should not be is another as is yes, it should be shut down.

When you want discreet answers, don’t ask ambiguous questions.[/QUOTE]

So long, Steamer

[QUOTE=c.captain;64888]…I am just plum worn out with endlessly poking at KP with my pointy stick and only want peace and quiet as I rest my aching little brain after a very long and noisy squawk![/QUOTE]

Jusrt don’t start pinin’ for the fjords…

Depends on who you ask…the 18 year old that just got accepted, or the one that didn’t and just took out $75,000 in student loans. As far as me personally, as long as I get to laugh at the Monty Pythons before bed, keep it open. Past that, I have no use. Having my tax dollars going to kids trying to get an education doesn’t keep me awake at night, regardless if some don’t consider Kings Point an education - at least abstinence and free birth control has yet to be introduced as a prerequisite to each summer cruise.

I’m back. Right now that’s all you need to know. My 50th KP reunion is this year. I may have something to say.

This sucks … WTF?

This sucks … I’m a graduate of KP, a Chief Engineer, fuck you …

[QUOTE=c.captain;64888]I’m sorry ma’am, but I’m going to sit out this merry dance while I put up my tired dogs on my desk and get that bottle of old Rye out of the drawer…although before I pour myself a shot of that rotgut, I do have this just in which I need to share…

Secret undercover footage just obtained of KP cadets in marching practice for an upcoming visit by a high ranking MarAd offical

//youtu.be/25Qhbdijv5Y

Yes, the unbelievable has finally happened! I am just plum worn out with endlessly poking at KP with my pointy stick and only want peace and quiet as I rest my aching little brain after a very long and noisy squawk!

.[/QUOTE]

Wanna visit me in Montana, Sea Captain?

I know a few things about you, Steamer, remember who I am, the Chief Engineer. Let’s roll, buster !!!

[QUOTE=Steamer;64942]My eyes are just fine. Should KP be shut down or not? Yes, it should not be might be one answer, no it should not be is another as is yes, it should be shut down.

When you want discreet answers, don’t ask ambiguous questions.[/QUOTE]

We know each other Steamer, I know a few things about you, Buster, remember, I was the Chief Engineer, you were a pain in the ass 2nd. Tell us all about KP Steamer. I can bring some of your best friends into this. How things do not change, you are the same ass hole as I well recall. There is a reason you hate KP, and I know it.

Wanna visit me in Montana, Sea Captain?

Would love to but have to ask if you’ve got a pony I can ride? I always wanted to ride the open range on the back of a wild Shetland…actually a miniture Shetland to be precise.

//youtu.be/3YJvv3UoTwc

That’s me driving that pair of wild steeds…:rolleyes:

Kinks Point desperately needs to change, I hold to all my thoughts about this subject, what I will no longer accept is this total hatred of KP by folks who were there.

Got mules … would that please you?

Got mules … would that please you?

Only if they are nasty, bite and kick :wink: If they are then we all can get along just fine in front of a campfire. I punch you, you kick me, we all have a grand time…

[QUOTE=c.captain;65836]Only if they are nasty, bite and kick :wink: If they are then we all can get along just fine in front of a campfire. I punch you, you kick me, we all have a grand time…[/QUOTE]

Ah … we know each other …