Short-term Rig Jobs in the Gulf?

Does anyone know which company is seeking all these temporary drillship/semi positions? I keep getting postings from Spencer-Ogden on LinkedIn for temp jobs for Asst Engineers, DPOs, ABs, etc asking for US credentialed people with rig experience. Some are for the gulf on short notice (like “Available Tomorrow”), some international, but no mention of who they are recruiting for. Anyone know? Did companies go too far with the layoffs and are now short?

[QUOTE=shipengr;186241]Does anyone know which company is seeking all these temporary drillship/semi positions? I keep getting postings from Spencer-Ogden on LinkedIn for temp jobs for Asst Engineers, DPOs, ABs, etc asking for US credentialed people with rig experience. Some are for the gulf on short notice (like “Available Tomorrow”), some international, but no mention of who they are recruiting for. Anyone know? Did companies go too far with the layoffs and are now short?[/QUOTE]

This seems like a good question that should have a lot of reader interest in the answer. Does anyone here know more about these temp jobs?

[QUOTE=tugsailor;186498]This seems like a good question that should have a lot of reader interest in the answer. Does anyone here know more about these temp jobs?[/QUOTE]

Have been told specifically (just last week) by contact at Spencer Ogden there has been regular demand for U/L engineers on drillers.

They contract with Rowan and Sea Drill. Take notice… no appropriate flag state license, don’t waste your time. Rowan is MI; I don’t know about SeaDrill.

Rowan HR is in shambles right now, they frequently call Spencer Ogden for temp job assignments and end up cancelling them in as short as 10 mins later.

[QUOTE=Johnny Canal;186684]Have been told specifically (just last week) by contact at Spencer Ogden there has been regular demand for U/L engineers on drillers.

They contract with Rowan and Sea Drill. Take notice… no appropriate flag state license, don’t waste your time. Rowan is MI; I don’t know about SeaDrill.

Rowan HR is in shambles right now, they frequently call Spencer Ogden for temp job assignments and end up cancelling them in as short as 10 mins later.[/QUOTE]

Sea Drill use mostly Panama flag for their Drillships and large Semies.

I have contacted those companies who say they are "urgently’ looking for candidates. Sorry to say, no they are not. They are only looking to fill up their data base for if and when there is actually some work. That is for deck department, there is some work for engine department (as usual).