Shipyard: ATB Upper wheel house

The tug/barge I work on is in the shipyard and I’ll be doing some woodwork while in dry dock. I’m consulting you guys & gals to see if any of you have any ideas and or pictures of upper wheel houses with cool useful storage options. Obviously there is limited space to work with, so innovative space saving ideas are welcome. I am rebuilding the floor the next day or so and while I have the place torn apart I’d like to use this opportunity to make some minor changes for the good. Any and all suggestions are welcome. Thank you in advance.

What are you doing with the floor?

Post some pics too, I’m sure we’d all love to see it.

Are you able to maximize storage in the trunk? Is it climate controlled enough to store publications and archived charts?

I am adding floor joists to the existing joist structure in order to stiffen it up. Let me see if I can post some pics. It is climate controlled. The boat is and ex wire boat with an upper house added on top of a spiral staircase tube. No storage in the tube available.

[QUOTE=RubberRhib888;172057]I am adding floor joists to the existing joist structure in order to stiffen it up. Let me see if I can post some pics. It is climate controlled. The boat is and ex wire boat with an upper house added on top of a spiral staircase tube. No storage in the tube available.[/QUOTE]

No elevator? How primitive. . . . .

overhead chart storage and led light panels

https://flic.kr/p/z5EwUq

I’ve seen those on Martinac boats. Slick rigs but make sure you have a hook or something so you can pull charts our with both hands

I’ve always been partial to flush mounted electronics. I can’t stand looking at a rats nest of wiring. Not so much storage, but a nice touch.

flush mounted is nice most of our newer boats are that way this boat is 1987 vintage workhorse

Good ideas guys. Thank you. Gonna try and post some pics of the actual space I’m working with.

You can put in indirect LED lighting under the trim around the console. One of our guys did that a while back with a dimmer and it came out really sharp and very useful too.

I thought you were on one of those fancy new Crowley rigs.

Everyone post what boat they work on ready go!!!

Just kidding

I got outta there as fast as I could. Not a fan. They run the ATB’s like a ship. I’m tugboat trash. I fit in like a square peg in a round hole. It was a nice rig though.

How do you post a pic from an iPhone? Don’t laugh. Tried 3 times.

Haha I don’t blame you.

It’s hard for tugboat trash to change things up!

It’s a mystery to me too.

[QUOTE=RubberRhib888;172112]How do you post a pic from an iPhone? Don’t laugh. Tried 3 times.[/QUOTE]

post your pics to an internet photo hosting site first then use the url link to post to the forum

Click on Reply to thread. Once your new window opens and reads New Reply you will notice the + sign next to it. Click on the + sign and go from there.