Ships sink in Texas boat parade for Trump

The Boston Tea Party was maritime (sorta) protest. Since they destroyed property, we really shouldn’t glorify it when teaching history.

1 Like

Was never much on tea, (I do like it cold with a bit of lemon ) but don’t recall people being robbed, murdered, or set on fire other than the tea. Looted perhaps, but never read about violence among the Boston Tea Party. May have happened, just don’t know. Nothing like this “Peaceful Protest shit” I have been observing lately on the networks who have the balls to show it in it’s entirety.

1 Like

Well, the Tea belonged to somebody. So they were robbed of their tea and said profits from tea. Which in today’s dollars was about $1.7mil according to “the Google machine” as some folks on here refer to it.

“The Boston Tea Party eventually proved to be one of the many reactions that led to the American Revolutionary War.[[80]]”

(https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_Tea_Party#cite_note-81)

It also directly influenced the burning of the Peggy Stewart:

I guess it depends on what your definition of peaceful means. Destroying $1.7mil worth of tea, burning a ship down, and directly influencing a push for independence that led to war doesn’t seem particularly peaceful.

That you don’t recall does not mean it didn’t happen:

Well before the 1760s, imperial officials were run out of town. Effigies hung from trees and fueled bonfires. Townspeople broke windows and hurled stones. They tarred and feathered. They smeared the homes of their enemies in dung. In 1765, amid the Stamp Act protests, a “lawless rabble” dismantled most of Lt. Gov. Thomas Hutchinson’s Georgian mansion in a matter of hours.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/13/opinion/protests-monuments-history.html

1 Like

That you put that loss in “Todays dollars” is relevant. One city block today is worth well above that today… How many city blocks and family businesses burned and looted does it take to justify this madness that is tolerated by some. Do not come to my beloved integrated neighborhood with this shit. The different groups will not be liking the welcome they may recieve. My dogs are peaceful, but badass to the bone if you think you have ill intentions where I live and contribute to our small society. Perhaps violence breeds violence, and a reaction to such. My mutts know the difference, they are smarter than me. OK with that. I am safe, but not from the media which changes with the wind from day to day.

So what does that mean exactly? $1.7mil is not a lot of money and if I destroy an equivalent amount no one is getting robbed or looted? Which city are you talking about?

I’m not justifying anything. All I said was you were wrong in saying that no one was robbed or looted and that the Boston Tea Party was a peaceful protest. If you wanna play that card, then me setting your lawn on fire is peaceful. There isn’t any physical money being burned, you’re not at that moment being physically hurt. And i am standing peacefully with some marshmallows and a gas can in your driveway.

Afterwards, when you set your dogs on me, that’s when the peace ends. And when you sue me for damages, that’s where the robbing and looting accusations begin.

Why would you be in my driveway or burning my lawn peacefully??

A Boston Tea Party style threat is less likely today. They would all need to have a TWIC card to make that go off smoothly.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be, and that wasn’t the point of my comment.

The point was to illustrate that what you previously said was inaccurate, and I provided a hypothetical situation to make my point easier for you to comprehend, which apparently I didn’t do a good enough job doing.

Shipengr enlightened me, as I said before, I didn’t remember my history lessons from the Boston Tea Party revolt. What is fresh in my memory is whats going on now, centuries later. Do not show up on my fairlly decent lawn with marshmallows. Not a good idea. I’m sure we could have a beer or two and actually agree with each other at some point, but don’t bring the gas or sweets. My radar works quite well after all these years.

I was just thinking about how much easier these conversations would be with alcohol involved. I’ll leave the gas can and marshmallows, but I’m bringing beers and vodka.

1 Like

All good sir. Thx

Oh geez, over 90% of these protests are peaceful. The chances of any protest at all making it to most people on these forums homes is almost nil. We don’t live where people protest because we can afford or choose to live in the boonies or in relatively unpopulated areas. Protesters are like politicians, they go where they can get the most press. I’m reasonably certain no Patriot Prayer, Antifa, BLM or Communist is coming to steal your pig off your pit or burger off your grill this Labor Day. So relax and remember those who made Labor Day a national Holiday. Cheers !

3 Likes

Labour Day?? It is September, not 1st of May.(confused)

its-all-rainbows

1 Like

Come visit the boardwalk at at Va Beach today. and if you were late, last night. These assholes have showed their buttholes again to a peaceful neighborhood and strong police presence. God bless our citizens and PD for not tolerating this crap. Wish Portland had the same gonads.

US Labor Day is first Monday in September.

Knowing about the riots and looting in Portland is not sufficient to determine a percentage, also need to have an idea about the number of peaceful protest. The were a lot of protest country wide, maybe the biggest protests in the nations history.

The vast majority of demonstration events associated with the BLM movement are non-violent ( see map below ). In more than 93% of all demonstrations connected to the movement, demonstrators have not engaged in violence or destructive activity. Peaceful protests are reported in over 2,400 distinct locations around the country. Violent demonstrations,[3](javascript:void(0)) meanwhile, have been limited to fewer than 220 locations — under 10% of the areas that experienced peaceful protests. In many urban areas like Portland, Oregon, for example, which has seen sustained unrest since Floyd’s killing, violent demonstrations are largely confined to specific blocks, rather than dispersed throughout the city

1 Like

Why do you always have to be different?? The rest of the world has Labour Day on 1st of May.

OK, Happy Labor Day anyway.

1 Like