Ship Handling in Narrow Channels - Carlyle J. Plummer

Looking for a copy of “Ship Handling in Narrow Channels” by Carlyle J. Plummer.

It’s been out of print for a long time and the last copy I saw for sale was over $1,000. Hoping somebody might have one and want to get rid of it for significantly less than that? Thanks.

An excellent read. Not sure what happened to mine, but a friend attended the same course as I did back in the late 70’s. That book was required. It’s a huge longshot, but next time I talk to him I will ask. Otherwise good luck finding one. If you haven’t read it yet, you will enjoy it.

There is one on Ebay, older hardbound edition. Guy is rather proud of it for $400.

Yea, that’s the problem. Supply and demand I suppose…

Thought I’d see if anybody had any more ideas!

Interlibrary loan?

Hmm that’s a good idea. I’ll try that out.

I was hoping somebody was cleaning out somewhere and came across a copy they were looking to offload…long shot.

It looks like the price dropped. Only $450 from Amazon.

Somebody must have got hold of the book:

Have not this particular one but have many excellent others .
And can share. But need to be asked “kindly” .
Below is only a tiny example of my extensive library. Covers narrow channels quite well.

Behavior_and_Handling_of_Ship.pdf (pupgroup33.com)