Shameful use of DP at the dock.....say it aint so

Let me go refill my Captain and Diet Coke (watching my weight). This is getting good. I’ll let the Carpetbagger comment stand by itself since I’m a Yankee. My guess is he better not
want to compare W2’s with C Captain. Then he will be upset. Let the volly continue. Shipmate 1

You think we can get LEGO to make a boat that’s DP capable? That would be a blast in the tub!

You realize that it would be completely doable to make an R/C offshore vessel with real thrusters and everything. Wouldn’t be true DP but certainly could be a joystick control if you’re clever with the controls. I wonder if anyone has ever combined a laptop with R/C? It wouldn’t be a huge leap then to integrate a GPS into the system. The filtering and feedback signals would be a challenge tho.

Do a Google search for R/C jets. There are literally scale 747’s out there that fly!

Wow! This has really gone overboard. Let’s rename this thread to “the teenage years” or “my penis is bigger than yours”. Throw some omg’s in there and we have a party. This has really made me laugh. Thanks!

Let the volly continue

Yes let’s…

here little swampman…

[QUOTE=c.captain;66678]
I swear I have sailed with these guys somewhere before but where? I think they were in the SIU![/QUOTE]
There are many of us SIU “idiots” that can read, write and cipher enough to invest, upgrade skills and negotiate wage related contracts that we could retire early enough to enjoy our retirement! My SIU pension check arrives about the 27th each month…

Ok Injunear…you’re right that SIU jab was a low blow by me which was not totally deserved. I should said that they were from the NMU…they do have that Lykes Lines look about them do they not?

Heck yea its doable! I’d be the first to buy it too! Maybe then, if i play with it enough in the tub, I’ll learn how to handle an actual boat. Since I’m a stupid akadame grad.

Now from what i understand, everyone who lives north of I10 is a Yankee, is that what you’re calling all carpetbaggers or just the ones who are actually from the north?

I’ll make this short & sweet. As a Master for the last 28 yrs, I would never allow an of my officers to dock in dp. Holding position around dock… sure. But as for using back into c-port… definitely not. DP does not make the vessel handling superior to person on controls (while docking). Vessel will handle current same with or without dp engaged. Needless to say, If the dp can handle the boat better than person on control, sounds like incompetence to me.

That is ALL!!!

That is ALL!!!

okay, carry on then…I guess?

Now from what i understand, everyone who lives north of I10 is a Yankee, is that what you’re calling all carpetbaggers or just the ones who are actually from the north?

As a fellow goddamned Yankee I can just say how this thread has only gone to prove that the Civil War (not the effing War Between the States) has never ended. Sherman had it so very right when he wrote before the war even began…

You people of the South don’t know what you are doing. This country will be drenched in blood, and God only knows how it will end. It is all folly, madness, a crime against civilization! You people speak so lightly of war; you don’t know what you’re talking about. War is a terrible thing! You mistake, too, the people of the North. They are a peaceable people but an earnest people, and they will fight, too. They are not going to let this country be destroyed without a mighty effort to save it… Besides, where are your men and appliances of war to contend against them? The North can make a steam engine, locomotive, or railway car; hardly a yard of cloth or pair of shoes can you make. You are rushing into war with one of the most powerful, ingeniously mechanical, and determined people on Earth — right at your doors. You are bound to fail. Only in your spirit and determination are you prepared for war. In all else you are totally unprepared, with a bad cause to start with. At first you will make headway, but as your limited resources begin to fail, shut out from the markets of Europe as you will be, your cause will begin to wane. If your people will but stop and think, they must see in the end that you will surely fail.
Comments to Prof. David F. Boyd at the Louisiana State Seminary (24 December 1860);

A fool will fight a battle he knows he cannot win and an utter fool will fight a war which cannot be won. Both North and South had far too many fools in command during the war but like the Japanese who came 80 years later, the South proved their utter foolishness when they started a war which they never has a chance to even fight to a draw. Since 1865, too many in the South still have not figured that one out and that they lost that war of their chosing really quite astoundinly amd completely. To this day, people like Swampnet truly believe that the South WON, that the Confederacy flourishes and that the Stars and Bars is a legitimate flag and not some ridiculous symbol of a stupid and indefencible cause now 150 years in the past!

Yes, this is all completely off the topic now but it is said because it needed to be said! Any fellow US citizens (note: not CSA citizens) of states which had once been in the Confederacy want to challenge me on this one, then start a whole new thread in some other section of this forum where the Admininistrators will let us have it. I for one will welcome this fight as any other I have engaged in because unlike the indubitable Captain Cracker, I will not engage in a battle that I know I cannot ultimately prevail in.

If you think you’re in fact a CSA citizen you can go eff yourself…your side LOST! END OF STORY!

American by birth Southern by the Grace of God!

American by birth Southern by the Grace of God!

…pretty much sums it all right up I’d say!

Oh wait DP that’s that fancy computer thingie with all the TV lookie boxes hooked up to it. I see all the bridge guys stabbing with their fingers all the time. When you guys were talking about “DP” I thought all you rope choking anchor clanker deckies were having homoerotic fantasies. I get it now forgive me I’m slow I am from Alabama after all.

[QUOTE=c.captain;66780]As a fellow goddamned Yankee I can just say how this thread has only gone to prove that the Civil War (not the effing War Between the States) has never ended. Sherman had it so very right when he wrote before the war even began…

A fool will fight a battle he knows he cannot win and an utter fool will fight a war which cannot be won. Both North and South had far too many fools in command during the war but like the Japanese who came 80 years later, the South proved their utter foolishness when they started a war which they never has a chance to even fight to a draw. Since 1865, too many in the South still have not figured that one out and that they lost that war of their chosing really quite astoundinly amd completely. To this day, people like Swampnet truly believe that the South WON, that the Confederacy flourishes and that the Stars and Bars is a legitimate flag and not some ridiculous symbol of a stupid and[B] indefencible[/B] cause now 150 years in the past!

![/QUOTE]

Your spelling is indefensible. What is this thread about? You were making a point about the superior intelligence of the carpetbaggers?

yeah, yeah…as if you never ever misspelled a word? So I miss a letter when I proofread my posts…go ahead and shoot me!

ps, I also misspelled astoundlingly, btw…

pps, I spelled Admininistrators instead if Administrators

.

So the consensus of this long thread is Do Not Use DP When Berthing. All the rest of the thread is color though I did enjoy the Forum Dragon comment.

Hot damn, could not have said it better myself!!!

Thanks guys, slow day down here on the equator…and lets see my moms side of the family is from a little town in Georgia, my old mans side of the family is from Scotland, my siblings and I were all born and raised in South America and I live in North Cuba, i.e. Florida, does that still make me a carpetbagger cause I occasionally go to the Patch to work. If so then n problem I will stay down south in the land of palm trees…Now stepping off that soapbox I still think DP is a godsend for many aspects of our industry. But as long as you can drive the boat when the computer breaks life is good. DP to hold works for me but I think the reasoning behind live boating into the dock is in case you need to make any kind of sudden maneuvers, like one of the deckies falls between the boat and the dock for example. What to do then, personally I would not put the DP on and hold station, something about a fear of Cuisinarts’ pops into my mind…As for the rest of the comments in this forum I am loving them. Cheers y’all

I like “North Cuba”!!! Latin flair never hurts!!!

[QUOTE=PR-9;66826]I like “North Cuba”!!! Latin flair never hurts!!![/QUOTE]

OMG! Cubana women doing Salsa at the clubs on SoBe…I think I going to faint at the thought. Long tanned legs and stiletto heels like stilts. Those Latina ladies are effing HOT!