Server Upgrad Sat Night

Just a quick note to let you know that, due to the high amount of traffic gCaptain has seen in recent weeks, we need to upgrade the server.

The upgrade will happen tomorrow (sat) night (or early sunday morning for those of you on gmt) and gcaptain will be down for about an hour.

Thanks John!!! The site is great! It really blows when you try to log in and it’s busy

[QUOTE=Fraqrat;72903]Thanks John!!! The site is great! It really blows when you try to log in and it’s busy[/QUOTE]

No worries, we’re doing our best but with the recent growth in the number of posts the solution might be for you guys to all stop your friends about gCaptain :wink:

So what is up John to bring so much more traffic to the site? Any trends in the membership? Lots of new ones or just more activity by those already aboard? I wonder if I alone am your bandwidth hog?

Anything particular with trends in the forums? Seems like offshore is the biggest % all issues discussed now with issues to do with licensing being close behind.

Regardless, you have my forever thanks for giving us all this great resource. You were very smart to have thought of doing this and I remember your beginning although it took me awhile to become active. The site has really turned into something all us maritime professionals should be grateful to have.

I am glad we are getting more traffic!! This forum is a great tool for mariners and a awesome information (or gossip) highway for our industry!!

[QUOTE=c.captain;72917]So what is up John to bring so much more traffic to the site? Any trends in the membership? Lots of new ones or just more activity by those already aboard? I wonder if I alone am your bandwidth hog?[/QUOTE]

Looking at the site traffic report it seems that new members are driving most of the traffic along with a few lurkers who have, recently, registered and become contributes (good stuff!).

But the question should be asked of all of you considering most of the new members (at least the ones I’ve gotten emails from) say they heard about us from word of mouth. So what’s driving the word of mouth and what needs to be done on our end to support you guys?

Question: I use AVAST , I get a “malware” bing/warning sometimes when i goto the site??? Also as soon as I get a job and shipout I’ll quit using up all the bandwith…lol.

Thanks for a very helpful site!!