Sen. McCain and the Keystone XL pipeline

He is re-introducing his amendment to remove the US build requirements for Jones Act coastwise tankers.

If this amendment passes and is added to the bill and the bill passes (which it will), thousands of people at the nation’s shipyards, particularly places like Aker in Philly will find themselves out of a job.

Contact your Senator and tell him/her you oppose any such amendment and to please vote no.

Call or email http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm

Also , I apologize for losing my cool with a troll yesterday, but it is what it is…

Good Catch Catherder. I’ll fire an e-mail off.

Here is the text of the amendment which amends Amendment #2 (Murkowski)

[QUOTE=catherder;151948]

Also , I apologize for losing my cool with a troll yesterday, but it is what it is…[/QUOTE]

And that thread disappeared without a trace - I happened to check in during the fracas.

I’d welcome you as a shipmate anytime.

THANK YOU for letting us know, spreading the word now! No hard feelings over Cajaya. You’ve been a staple on here long enough, we’re all on your side.

Thanks for the heads up. I saw it on Facebook too. I think the president of GL Maritime Academy posted something.

McCain seems to be one of the only people in Washington who fails to comprehend that the US does not compete with S. Korea and other low cost shipbuilders on a level playing field (I.e., direct and indirect subsidies). I guess when you’re a maverick, you don’t have to deal with such annoying details.

http://gcaptain.com/senator-john-mccain-launches-new-attack-on-jones-act/

I’d pitch in on a ticket back to Hanoi for him …

DEAR GOD IN HEAVEN! McCain gets all his money from Wall Street but even worse the US Army and DoD contribute to his war chest…HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE OR IN ANY WAY LEGAL?

John McCain (R)

Top Contributors

This table lists the top donors to this candidate in the 2008 election cycle. The organizations themselves did not donate , rather the money came from the organizations’ PACs, their individual members or employees or owners, and those individuals’ immediate families. Organization totals include subsidiaries and affiliates.

Because of contribution limits, organizations that bundle together many individual contributions are often among the top donors to presidential candidates. These contributions can come from the organization’s members or employees (and their families). The organization may support one candidate, or hedge its bets by supporting multiple candidates. Groups with national networks of donors - like EMILY’s List and Club for Growth - make for particularly big bundlers.

Merrill Lynch $354,570
JPMorgan Chase & Co $336,605
Citigroup Inc $330,502
Morgan Stanley $264,501
US Government $235,304
Goldman Sachs $234,595
AT&T Inc $211,738
UBS AG $192,593
Wachovia Corp $187,713
Credit Suisse Group $184,603
US Army $177,370
PricewaterhouseCoopers $177,100
Bank of America $163,726
Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher $155,746
US Dept of Defense $132,210
FedEx Corp $131,924
Greenberg Traurig LLP $124,187
Lehman Brothers $121,932
Bank of New York Mellon $121,701
Ernst & Young $114,406

Total	$164,609,354	 

UTTERLY AND TOTALLY SCANDALOUS!

I can’t believe that I’m stating this but this time I agree with you fully!

[QUOTE=captaint76;152000]I can’t believe that I’m stating this but this time I agree with you fully![/QUOTE]

I’ve said it before but state enough opinions and eventually you’ll find commonality with everyone on something…so you have my thanks for your support

McCAIN’s CAMPAIGN SUCTION MACHINE IS AN UTTER OUTRAGE AGAINST ALL AMERICANS…NOT JUST US MARINERS!

These bastards have all sold their soul. Damned few of them are capable of reaching a decision utilizing the knowledge of those they represent. Yes, McCaine has overstayed, he is in it now just for the power…where ever it leads. Retirement holds nothing for people like that. I like to think there will be a judgment some day, collectively people like this kill more than a ‘A’ bomb and make the lives of hundreds of thousands as miserable as their own. I’m in favor of term limits now. Like about 6 months?

He’s a horror story. I really think he went nuts during his stint in the Hanoi Hilton.

He needs to RETIRE.