Seacor to purchase two LNG Tankers

Very interesting …

SEACOR Holdings Inc. Announces Order to Purchase Two 84,000 M3 LPG Carriers With an Option to Purchase up to Three Additional Carriers

FORT LAUDERDALE, FL – (Marketwired) – 05/02/13 – SEACOR Holdings Inc. (NYSE: CKH) (“SEACOR”) announced today that it has executed an agreement with Hyundai Heavy Industries Co., Ltd. (“HHI”), through a subsidiary of SEACOR Ocean Transport Inc., for the construction of two Liquefied Petroleum Gas tankers (Very Large Gas Carriers, otherwise known as VLGCs) with expected deliveries in 2014 with an option to purchase up to three additional VLGCs with delivery in 2015. These vessels will be equipped to meet current and expected environmental and regulatory requirements and feature substantially improved performance and consumption due to a new hull design and the latest generation MAN B&W G-type engines.

SEACOR anticipates that the new vessels will be managed by Dorian (Hellas) S.A. (“Dorian”) in a pool together with three VLGCs owned by affiliates of Dorian. Dorian also has an option to acquire or co-invest in up to 50% of the vessels under contract and option with HHI.

well this is weird! When did SEACOR start going foreign flag? I thought they were a true red, white and blue vessel operator?

[QUOTE=c.captain;107883]well this is weird! When did SEACOR start going foreign flag? I thought they were a true red, white and blue vessel operator?[/QUOTE]

They’ve been reflagging boats steadily for years now…
I’d bet they now own almost as many foreign flagged vessels as American flagged.

They have over 40 FF vessels on there webpage if they still own them… I know they have some vessels for sell being I watched a buyer take pics and look through the boat…

Capt. Leigh knows this but Seacor is not a boat company, they are a money making company that happens to make a lot of it’s money through OSV’s.

Once you understand that then understanding their motives become a lot clearer.