Seacor Layoffs?

I recently heard Seacor has stacked most all their big supply vessels and now their new builds are going to stack too. Also their anchor vessels are next and a layoff too. Only a few boats left have jobs. Looks like they will be non existent in the foreseeable future as active.
What a shame. Glad I left

[QUOTE=oldpro;158434]I recently heard Seacor has stacked most all their big supply vessels and now their new builds are going to stack too. Also their anchor vessels are next and a layoff too. Only a few boats left have jobs. Looks like they will be non existent in the foreseeable future as active.
What a shame. Glad I left[/QUOTE]

never understood Seacor and Charles Fabrikant. In the late 90’s he was a powerhouse in the GoM with state of the art equipment and with big plans to build bigger vessels to meet the coming market demand but he basically walked away from treating the GoM as the place to be and let Gary Chouest fill in that vacuum he created when he scaled back.

Of course he still has his tankers and tugs and helicopters so I am sure he is going quite well all the same.

It kind of looks like the beginning of the end of Seacor GOM. Ageing big boat and anchor fleet and a bunch of cheaply built new builds they could easily lock up and sell in the future. Rental offices and a couple of docks for real-estate, nothing substantial . Lots of cash in the bank and plenty for future endeavors elsewhere.
Its like a perfect time to liquidate the remaining assets and go.
Just my opinion but it seems realistic wouldn’t you think. The oil boom is over.

[QUOTE=oldpro;158505]It kind of looks like the beginning of the end of Seacor GOM. Ageing big boat and anchor fleet and a bunch of cheaply built new builds they could easily lock up and sell in the future. Rental offices and a couple of docks for real-estate, nothing substantial . Lots of cash in the bank and plenty[B] for future endeavors[/B] elsewhere.
Its like a perfect time to liquidate the remaining assets and go.
Just my opinion but it seems realistic wouldn’t you think. The oil boom is over.[/QUOTE]

They are probably setting up to buy out another company. The oilfield will bounce back.

[QUOTE=AHTS Master;158511]They are probably setting up to buy out another company. The oilfield will bounce back.[/QUOTE]

I agree. As with any commodity, oil will come roaring back. For how long? Who knows.

Anyone have current day rate figures for Seacor Port Everglades Mates and ABs doing assist work?

[QUOTE=catherder;158513]I agree. As with any commodity, oil will come roaring back. For how long? Who knows.[/QUOTE]
I gotta ask why you think oil will come roaring back, consumption not going up at rate we can pump it now.
Sanctions reducing lots of capacity, lpg replacing oil everywhere, I just cant see a rebound that will put it back where it was less a missile lands in the right place.

[QUOTE=powerabout;160284]less a missile lands in the right place.[/QUOTE]

With a big chunk of the middle east in civil war and assorted jihadi groups running around you have to ask this?

Now that the Usa pumps 1/3 of the worlds oil without really trying, its become less of an issue.
Look at the fighting now and the oil price, in the past a tiny spark in the middle east caused big price jump and now llok at the mess versus the price, its not like before.
Maybe Seacor is the smartest operator out there?